Can't take my eyes off you, Eddie 🌈

Reader is based on the character Patrick Verona from 10 things I hate about you

Aged up to 18

You were known as the high school rebel.

Constantly skipping classes to go down to the bar, play pool and have the occasional smoke.

Rumours about you were constantly spread. But you never cleared them, just let the rumour blow away so the next one could come rolling through. In your defence, none of the rumours were ever true.

You never went to juvenile prison. And you certainly never sold your liver for a pair of speakers.

However, there was one rumour that left you uneasy.

Only because it was true.

You liked Eddie Kaspbrak.

And anytime you tried to talk to him, he'd brush you off. His friends told you it was because he knew you would string him along, just to use him as a playtoy of sorts.

But that wasn't the case. You truly liked Eddie and you wanted to do all those gag reflex couply things. Which is why you were going to prove to him that you really do like him.

The thumps from your boots caused everyone to disband, not wishing to break you from your somewhat alarming calm composure.

"Morning Samuel" You clear your throat, pulling a cigarette out and lighting it

"H-hello Y/n" Samuel stuttered, the book he was holding falling into a heap onto the floor.

You dig into your pocket and pull out $50, you push it in his direction and he visibly gulps. He hesitantly takes the money, handing you the keys to the speaker room.

"Don't worry Samuel" You pause for a moment to pick up the book on the floor, pushing it onto his chest roughly, winding him in the process, you lean closer to whisper into his ear "I won't tell anyone about you sucking Stanley Uris off in the music room" 

His face visibly pales, and you chuckle turning on your heel and walking away.

~

Lunch rolled around and you quietly crept into the speaker room, closing the door behind you with a soft click.

The room was large and you had a clear view of the football field where everyone sat.

Including the losers club.

You picked the microphone, switching it on and tapping it a few times to make sure it was working.

You moved turned a few buttons up to max making sure it was loud enough to hear.

Slowly and carefully you climbed out of the window.

"You're just too good to be true...Can't take my eyes off of you" You smirked when you noticed the field go quiet, trying to find the source of the noise.

You even managed to see Eddie also just as confused.

Nobody had ever heard you sing.

"You'd be like heaven to touch...I wanna hold you so much" You slid down the poll effortlessly, landing on your feet and moving closer to the staircase that lead to the field

"At long last love has arrived...And I thank god I'm alive" You move so you were standing behind the ledge. Everyone could see you.

"You're just too good to be true...Can't take my eyes off of you" You smile slightly and point in the direction of Eddie, everyone gasps and turns to look at him

A whistle blows and suddenly a marching band is in full swing.

You jump down the stairs, your feet narrowly missing someones books as you slide across the concrete with such grace that people almost second guessed that this was actually you.

You noticed Eddie's mouth gaped open as the marching band moved across the field.

"I love you, baby and if it's quite alright I need you baby to warm the lonely night. I love you, baby. Trust in me when I say" You start moving across the staircase when you notice two school officers coming in your direction.

"Oh, pretty baby, don't bring me down I pray. Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay, and let me love you baby...Let me love you..." You look at him with pleading eyes and you could tell he was trying to cover up an impressed grin as he nods slightly, head moving downcast.

You wished you could go down there and hug him, but the school officers grabbed you by the arm and started dragging you away.

You fling yourself from their grasp and start running across the staircase, zigzagging them.

The crowd whistled in delight and a few people laughed when you passed by a fat officer and smacked him on the ass.

As the music died down you dashed down the stairs and in the direction of the losers club.

"So what'd you think" You ask breathlessly

"Nobody's ever done something like that for me..." Eddie mutters, eyes still downcast

You gently grab his chin and move it so he was looking at you "How else was I meant to prove I liked you"

You nervously looked behind you and saw the officers coming closer.

"Gotta go, meet me here when school ends"

"How? Won't you be in detention?" Eddie furrows his brows

"Eddie, skipping detention is my specialty" You wink, leaning forward and brushing you lips against his pink cheek

"See you later Eddie" You exclaim, ducking past the officers and making a dash for the stairs

Eddie stood there, his fingertips brushing against his cheek where your lips were moments ago, he looked up and saw your retreating figure.

He smiled dopily, swaying slightly on his feet.

"Dude, am I dreaming or did Eddie just manage to bag a girlfriend who happens to be the school rebel?" Richie shrieks