Chapter 3

Lisa's PoV

I was hurt.
I was hurt two times.

First, the fact that my own father had just slapped me in front of everyone at the dinner really made me questioning his love for me. He
had never hurt me physically before, this is the first and I just want to run away from the house because I can't take it anymore.

Second, the great Jeon Jerkook must have been so happy at the scene he saw earlier. I know he'll mock me every day from now on. He humiliated me and I hate him.

The weight on my chest just getting heavier and heavier every single day.

It's like God has no mercy on me. It's like happiness doesn't suit me at all. I wish that my mom was still alive so I won't experience all of these things.

When I was crying at the floor and sobbing my heart out, I heard a knock at my door.

I still looked like a mess. Dirty clothes, messy hair and smells really bad.
I wiped away my tears and looked at myself in the mirror.

Pain.
Anger.
Sadness.
Hurt.
Ugly.
Unworthy.
It's all written all over my face but I hide it with the only way I know. Smile.

I opened up the door and saw my father stood there. He looked a little bit guilty, I could feel it.

"Lisa."

My dad said. I just bowed at him, not bother to say a word. "Look, I'm so sorry. I just... I don't know. I didn't mean it. God knows I didn't mean it, Lali."

Lali.

It's been so long he didn't call me that. He and my mom used to call me that since I was still a baby, but when my mom died, he stopped calling me that.

"It's okay." I said and smiled.

My father rubbed my hair and touched the red cheek that he slapped at the dinner.

I hissed in pain because it still hurts.
I can see worry in his eyes, but why did he do that? Why did he hurt me? His own daughter.

"Jeon Jungkook chooses you, Lisa." My father said.

I was struggling then, not sure of what my father said. I shook my head in disbelief.

"You're going to marry him." He informed me.
"What if I say no?" I asked a little with stutter.

This must have been a joke, right? Of course, the great Jeon Jerkook won't pick me to be his wife. We hate each other's presence.

"Lisa." My dad said. "This is a very important business for both our and their companies.  Me and Hyun-suk already like a family. It's our dream to marry our child together. We protect each other, Lisa." He told me.

I frowned. Of course, he won't be thinking about me. He'd think about the company, his wife and his step daughters.

"Will you be happy if I marry him?" I asked as my voice still a little bit shaky. "Will you be truly happy, dad?" I asked again.

"Yes." He said. "Yes, I will, Lali." He said and smiled and I smiled back and he hugged me.

For the first time in a long time. I can feel my own father's embrace again.

I will make you happy and proud of me, dad. I promise.

**

Lisa's PoV

I walked to the backyard where I like to clear up my mind if I have a lot of thoughts going on.
I took a deep breath to feel the fresh air. Star gazing is one of my favorite moment of time.