Chapter 8 |✔

After I got out of Hotch's car, I grabbed my travel bag and started walking to the elevator of the huge FBI building, where I would work for the next few weeks, maybe even more.

Close on the Agent's heels, my heartbeat quickened as I thought about the team and working with them.
I didn't know any of the members, but if they all were as emotionless as Agent Hotchner I would very likely feel out of place.

Don't get me wrong, I liked him.
  I had no doubt in him being a great teamleader and I already knew that his team meant a lot to him, but I would really look forward to having someone who would actually laugh at my sarcastic jokes, not just give me a hint of a smile for one second.

"You'll meet the team the moment we get out of the elevator. I got notified that we already have a case, which means you don't have time to read the lectures I gave you, but you will still be working on this case. Can you see corpses?"

I swallowed, trying to suck in as much information as possible before nodding. "Yeah, I had to look at the crime scenes of my patients, so I think I can handle it."

"Good, but if something's up then come talk to me or Agent Gideon."
I was just about to ask, if he meant Agent Jason Gideon, whom I already read about, but the elevator's doors slid open.

My hands were a bit sweaty as I grabbed a hold of my bag, waiting for Agent Hotchner to make the first step.
But he didn't.

Hotch just looked at me, giving me a quick nod as I took a deep breath and stepped out of the elevator with my head held high. Don't ever show them your fear.
I opened the glass doors, entering the office of the BAU.

The first thing I noticed was the huge cake on one of the desks, which was surrounded by two women and one man. One woman had brown, the other blonde hair, while the man was african american and to be fair undoubtfully attractive.
Tamara's type, she would have already fallen in love with him.

One guy, who's back was turned away from me, wore a long, white and blue hat, which matched his white and blue flannel he wore. He was really tall and his slim figure stood opposite of Agent Gideon.

"Team?"
Everybody's eyes turned to us as Hotch's authoritarian voice spoke up, their eyes burning curious holes inside of my head.
    I swallowed.
"Meet Dr. Genevieve Weaver. She's going to help us out in some of the cases and if she decides to stay, she is going to be part of our team."

My eyes travelled around the unfamiliar faces, but on one face, I stopped. I knew him. It was the guy from the library in Vegas.
   Spencer, the genius.

As out eyes met, he swallowed, grabbing his hat and snatching it away from his head as fast as he could, before breaking the eye contact embarrassed and examining his converse.

"Hey, it's nice to finally meet you." The pretty blonde women, with deep blue eyes came up to me and stretched her hand out for me to shake, which I did.
"I read all of your books and I loved them. They were really interesting."

I tried to smile as bright as she did, but I wasn't sure if I succeeded as I fifdled with the hem of my pencil skirt, suddenly wondering if it was too short.
"Oh, thank you..."

"Jennifer. Jareau. But everyone calls me JJ."

"Well JJ, it's a pleasure to meet you. Please, call me Genna."
Again, she showed me her perfect white pearls, before making room for the brunette.

"I love your accent, where are you from? I'm Elle, by the way and I think I'm the only one on this team who didn't read your books."

I smiled -I already liked her- before shaking her hand as well.
"I'm from Oxford, moved to New Orleans when I was 10, before settling down in Las Vegas."

The whole team looked kind of impressed as I narrated down some facts about me, before I smiled and shook the hand of the next team member, the African American one.
"Doctor? How old are you, Weaver?"

I chuckled and shrugged. "Turned 24 a couple of months before."

He then turned around, grinning at Spencer. "Seems like you're not the only genius anymore."

I shook my head and cleared my throat. "Well, I'm not actually a genius. I'm just good at listening and memorizing, which is why I jumped some classes and ended up graduating at 15."

He whistled under his breath and smiled. "Wow, impressive."

"Thanks Mr. 'I don't say my name to I stay mysterious and cool'."
Both girls snorted as I pressed my lips together, smiling innocently at the man in front of me, whose eyes were huge.
"Sorry. I didn't mean to be rude."

He laughed, shrugging it off and winking at me. "Don't worry, sugar. I'm a fan of sarcasm."

"Just don't call me sugar."

He laughed and winked at me as I rolled my eyes. "Sure, candy. The name's Derek."

I nodded, finally being able to name the African American with a fable for nicknames.

Just as I was about to turn to Spencer, Hotch interrupted our getting-to-know-session.
"We have to hurry up."

~●~

Well, Genna's now arrived at Quantico and is going to have her first case with the team!

Who's excited wooo hahaha?

Love you and please comment and vote my fellow criminal minds lovers!

Have a great day!❤❤