Start of the Inter High!

"Captain, I've brought copies of the preliminary tournament."

"Alright sounds good. Distribute them to the members, and make sure everyone gets one."

Nakamura stood in the circle with the other members, passing out the copies as Hyuuga explained how the Inter-High tournament worked for the new members.

"The Inter-High preliminaries start off as a tournament. If we lose, it ends there. We can't let our guard down for even one game. Tokyo is separated into four blocks, A through D. The winner of each block goes on to play in the championship league. The top three teams from the championship league will qualify for Inter-High. Only three schools are chosen out of three hundred. Only the chosen 1% will stand on the court of their dreams. That's the Inter-High."

"I sort of get what you're saying, but you were wrong about one thing Captain. They aren't chosen, they win it. Sir."

Not bad Kagami-kun

"We have three weeks until the Inter-High preliminaries. We fell short by one step last year, but this year we'll definitely go. We'll be facing lots of strong opponents, but our biggest and strongest opponent is Shutoku High. Last year, they were in the nation's top eight. Not only that, but like Kaijo, they had one of the Generation of Miracles join their team. If we can't beat them, we won't make it to Nationals."

Nakamura looks up from her copy when she hears Hyuuga mention the Generation of Miracles. Wanting to ask Kuroko who it was, she looked over to see Kagami asking Kuroko if he knew the player and how strong he is. Kuroko couldn't give a definite answer as to how strong he is, as Kise had evolved that much after entering high school, he couldn't imagine how much stronger the other fomer Teiko members had gotten. Inching closer to Kuroko, Nakamura tugged at his shirt, gaining his attention and asking him who was the one that joined Shutoku. Just as Kuroko was about to  answer her, Hyuuga decided to keep the team meeting going. 

"Before we can worry about Shutoku, we have to pass the preliminaries. Let's stay focused until the very end!"

"Yeah!"

Right as they finished shouting, Riko had come back from observing their opponent's first match. Pissed at how the freshman asked her if she wasn't going to skip, she drops her bag and furrows her eyebrows while placing a hand on her hip. Judging from her reaction, Hyuuga assumed their opponent would be difficult to handle and asked her if they were that good. Riko explains that there might be one particular player on the team that would give them trouble. Passing her phone to Hyuuga, she tells the team that they can watch the video she took later and should look at the photo first instead. As Hyuuga flipped open her phone, everyone crowded around only to see a photo of a cat curled up in a blanket. Apologizing for setting it to the wrong photo, Riko tells Hyuuga to flip to the next photo, everyone shocked by the player shown.

"His name's Papa Mbaye Siki. He's two meters tall and weighs 87 kilograms. He's an exchange student from Sengal."

"Sengal? He's huge. Two meters?"

Sh*t I'm never standing next to him

"He's just big."

"This Papa Mbaye...What was it?"

"Papanpa?"

"It's Papa Try-Hard."

"Papa.....Papaya Ito."

"We're not getting anywhere. Kuroko-kun, give him a nickname."

"Then, how about 'Dad'?"

"Dad! Dad's company is a dud."