madison

i finally got back to my moms and we were sitting on the couch. "mom, do you think harvey is safe" i asked her, she nodded. "why of course, i know the woman who runs the home he's in" my mom smiled. "she works part time in the office and part time working from home" my mom started telling me story. "one time she brought in these delicious chocolate chip cookies that her and the kids had made and they were the best things you've ever tasted" my mom smiled, thinking back to that time. "she's lovely, i promise he's in good hands" my mom smiled. i nodded and checked the time, it was quarter past 11. "oh, it's late" i laughed a little "i'm going to head to bed, i'll see you tomorrow" i smiled and gave my mom and little peck before heading off to bed. with my mom reassuring me i could sleep better knowing that the woman harvey was with was a nice woman.

my alarm woke me up and 6:30. i shut it off and grabbed my towel. i walked into the bathroom and had a quick shower before getting dressed into my uniform. i packed my bag and made sure to pack my basketball stuff, i had practice after school today. "thanks mom" i smiled as i came out of my room and she'd made me pancakes. "awe sweetie no problem" she smiled and i began eating.

i left the house and met jordan on the way. he walked me all the way to my locker where i put my basketball stuff. "thanks jordan" i smiled and hugged him. i started to kiss him but the bell rang "ugh, i have to go but i'll see you gym" i smiled and walked off to homeroom.

i waited in homeroom for harvey. when we walked back in i gave him a smile, he just looked down and took a seat at the front. it was like he was ignoring me, like i hadn't helped him get away from his dad. i sighed and looked down. i probably saved harvey's life and the way he repays me is by ignoring me. it wasn't even like he didn't see me, he looked directly at me and then just ignored me. i sighed as the bell rang. i stood up and grabbed my bag, looking for harvey on my way out. he was long gone by the time i made it out the class.

it was lunch time and i still hadn't seen harvey since homeroom. i decided to hunt for him, i walked through the hall and saw someone sitting next to the lockers down the hall. i walked up and the closer i got the clear the person became, then i realised it was harvey. i sat down next to him, he didn't he even look up at me. "hey" i smiled at him, he looked up at me slightly and gave me a smile back. "hi" he said quietly. "are you okay, is you're new home good" i asked him, he nodded. "im fine" he smiled a little. we started talking and he seemed to start loosening up and was a lot more talkative the more we sat there talking.