madison

i tried texting harvey for the millionth time. he still wasn't answering. i decided that he never actually did take his phone to the group home he was in. it made me sadder but i had to go to school anyway. i got dressed into a hoodie and jeans. i never dress up unless i go to a party. i didn't feel the need to doll myself up, if someone was going to like me, it was going to be because they liked me.

it was break and i was just walking about the corridors. i was supposed to meet aleigh but she was in detention and i was waiting outside but mr raynott told me to go away and i did. my head was in my phone and i wasn't looking at where i was going. i tripped over and fell. "are you okay" someone asked me. "yeah" i nodded as i stood up. i turned to look at them and realised it was harvey. "oh my god harvey" i hugged him. he hugged back a little. "i thought you were gone, the police came to see me" i started explaining. "i ran away, but they found me" he stated. "oh, why" i asked him, he shook his head. "it's okay, i'm fine" he smiled. i nodded, realising i was asking too many questions so i stopped.

"i have to go, lily's here to pick me, i have a dentist appointment but i'll see you later" he smiled and walked off. "bye" i shouted as he turned the corner. i heard the bell ring and realised i hadn't met aleigh yet. i began walking to my next class, realising i was so stupid. "hey, where were you" aleigh asked as i walked past her class that she was standing outside of. i stopped, "sorry i forgot, i was busy talking to harvey" i apologised. "ugh, what's up with you and him anyway" she asked me "nothing he just needs someone" i said and aleigh sighed. "miss baker do i have to write you up for loitering again" miss carter asked me, i shook my head. "no miss, i'm sorry" i apologised as i kept walking.

after school i was going over to jordan's cause he'd invited me over. we were walking back home and i heard a little child scream, then another. "what's that" i asked him. "oh it's nothing, it's just the kids from that group home having their playtime" he said playtime in a weird way. but group home, that's probably where harvey is. "come on" jordan said, dragging me as i was thinking. "sorry, i was thinking" i apologised. he just laughed, "as you always are"

we got to his house and went straight to his bedroom, his dad didn't like when he had people over, especially a girl. "jordan" a voice bellowed "go to my room and if you hear anyone coming hide" he told me and i nodded. i'm over here quite often and i haven't been caught. his dad was actually quite a nice guy he was just very rule driven. he'd been in the military so he was very used to following orders and so he wanted his kids to be like that too.

i got into jordan's bedroom and sat on his bed. i heard someone walking up the stairs, luckily jordan's house has very creaky floorboards so i was able to tell, and i immediately hid. they opened jordan's door and then closed it, i heard jordan sigh and i popped up. "hey" i smiled, he smiled back, it was like he forgot i was here. "jordan" mary, jordan's older sister, yelled as she burst into the room. "hey maddie" she smiled at me, i smiled back. "i need you to cover for me tonight, tell dad i'm studying all night and not to disrupt me, he'll get that" she smiled and walked out as jordan nodded. i liked mary she was nice and considerate even though she was a bit of a party animal.

me and jordan sat on his bed and he turned on his tv. we put on stranger things, which we were currently watching together, and snuggled up on the bed. i was just glad it was king sized. jordan wasn't very rich but he wasn't poor, he was what you would expect for the way he acted. "oi gaylord" jordan's older brother, chris, yelled as he barged into his room. he noticed me but didn't say anything, "gonnae cover for me the night, i'm going to my girls" he smirked, "i can see you got the same idea" chris smirked. he always gave me a creepy vibe "sure what do you want the excuse to be" jordan asked "just say i got an extra track practice" he said, jordan nodded and he left the room.

once we had watched a couple episodes of stranger things i decided to go home. "right i'll see you tomorrow" we gave each other a kiss before i climbed out his window and down his house. again i'd done it a million times, even before we started dating i was at his house almost everyday. i walked back to my house, but took a bit of a detour. i walked past the group home, hoping to see someone. even better, i looked in the window of their living room and saw harvey sitting there in his own little world. i felt a little bad but i guessed at least he was safe, that's the main thing.