madison

i was beginning to get really concerned about harvey, he hadn't texted or even really been at school since this whole moving into a group home started. every time that i did see him he'd leave almost immediately. i just wanted to see him, to talk to him like we used to do, to just be friends with him.

"miss baker if you're not paying attention maybe you'll pay more attention in detention" mrs wixx stared, standing in front of the whole class. everyone's eyes turned to me and i looked at her. "sorry miss, i'll pay attention" i smiled. "too late" she said, god now i'm going to miss basketball practice. "sorry i'm late miss" someone muttered as they walked in, i looked up and saw it was harvey. "late to my class mr mills, i guess you're joining miss baker in detention" she told him. she was a bitch, she never let anyone do anything or she gave them a detention. the only part i wasn't looking forward to was telling my coach.

i was glad that harvey was here and maybe i could even talk to him, or at least try. i really did miss him. he's just been acting so weird, he's not been himself, i just wish he'd go back to the way he used to be. also where has he been, he wasn't in homeroom and this is like the period before lunch. i tried getting his attention but he wasn't even looking over. i sighed, giving up on trying to get his attention and just accepting that he doesn't want to talk to me.

it was finally lunch and first things first i was off to tell my coach that i had to miss practice, luckily this was the first time and he's actually really nice. "madison" someone grabbed my arm and i was pulled around to face them. i was met by the face of harvey mills, the boy i'd missed, the boy who'd been ignoring me for the past week. "i need to talk to you"

i walked into my coach's office, with harvey right behind me. "madison, what can i do for you" coach beckett smiled. "sir, i have to tell you that mrs wixx gave me a detention and i have to miss practice" i informed him, i saw his smile slowly fade away and he looked a little mad. "right, but i want a saturday practice from you, okay" he sounded angry. "yes sir" i nodded and me and harvey walked back out the room.

i followed harvey to a quiet corner, where he usually sits. "what did you want to talk to me about" i asked him. "i want to apologise for the way i've been treating you, you're amazing and you have done so much for me, i've not been treating you nicely though" he apologised. "that's okay harvey" he smiled at me, i then noticed his hand was a little swollen and there was bruising coming up. "what happened to you hand" i asked him. "that's what i wanted to talk about"