madison

me and harvey had been unofficially dating for a few days now. only today was the day of harvey's dads court hearing. i was terrified for him, but i was also really proud of him, he was actually going to stand up against him and get the justice he deserved. i wanted to testify against his dad but i couldn't because i wasn't directly affected by him. i just wanted the best for harvey because he genuinely didn't deserve anything that happened to him, nobody ever does. especially not this sweet innocent boy.

i held harvey's hand as we sat in the court, his dad was a little in front of us and i could tell he was nervous. his leg was shaking like crazy and his hand was oddly sweaty. i wanted to do something to help but i knew there was nothing i could say or do to calm him down. "i need some air" harvey told me as he stood up and walked out, i waited a couple of moments and followed him. "harvey" i softly said as i walked out, he turned to look at me. he was a white as a sheet and looked terrified. "i can't do this" he told me, taking a deep breath. "but you need to or else you're going to have to go back and live with that monster" i told him, i felt so emotional. he looked at me, still terrified. "what if i do something wrong" he asked me, "all you have to do is tell the truth and they'll believe you" i told him as i pulled him into a hug "i promise" i whispered to him.

i managed to convince him to go back in, we went and sat back down just before he was called up to testify and answer the questions the lawyers had. "you've got this" i whispered to him. while he was up there all i did was watch him. i didn't want him to think i wasn't paying attention, even though i wasn't. every so often he would look to me and it was like he grew more confident. i smiled at him every time he did. he eventually came down and sat back beside me, i gave him a slight hug, "you did amazing" i whispered. the jury left the room to decide the verdict, i hoped for harvey's sake that it was guilty because god nobody could survive if it wasn't.

the jury came back through, they all sat one and the judge called for one of them to stand up. "did you reach a verdict" the judge asked, the jury woman nodded "we did your honour" she said. "so do you find adam mills guilty or not guilty of physical abuse on a child" the judge asked, "we find adam mills...