harvey

i woke up with lily coming into our room. "boys time to get up" she said, i opened my eyes and looked at her. "morning harvey" she smiled. "morning" i muttered. she looked a bit taken aback but she didn't say anything because she probably didn't want me to stop talking. i got dressed and so did miles. "we're gonna walk to school" i told him as we stood up. "would you like some breakfast boys" lily asked us, i looked at what she was cooking. "what is it" i asked, a little quietly but loud enough so she could hear. "it's scrambled egg and toast" she smiled "would you like some" she asked, again, i nodded. "why are you suddenly speaking" the little girl lia asked me. "lia, we don't ask that, we just appreciate he is" lily smiled. i got my place of scrambled egg and toast. i'd never had that before but hey, there's a first time for everything. i tried some and it tasted so good, i ate it all within a minute. "woah that was fast" lily laughed.

i poked miles under the table and gestured to the door. "lily, me and harvey want to walk to school today if that's okay" miles asked lily. lily thought for a second "okay but i want you both to text me when you get to school" she told us, we both nodded. once miles was finished we got down and grabbed our bags. "bye boys" lily said to us. "bye" we both said in unison. we walked down the drive and headed in the direction of our school.

we both walked up to the school gate "that's him" miles said, he pointed at a small, scrawny 11 year old. i got mad just by looking at him, i had so much anger to get out. i grabbed miles and we began walking up to him. "hey miles you found your parents yet" he asked as we walked up, i took off my school bag and smacked him right in the face. i pinned him down to the ground and sat on top of him. i punched him again and again "you better learn your fucking lesson" i said before i slam my fist into his face. i was suddenly dragged off him and restrained. i looked round at miles who looked a little scared "im sorry" i mouthed to him.

both me and miles were taken into the office. we sat in chair right outside the principles office as he phoned lily. "i'm sorry" i apologised again. "it's okay, he won't mess with me again" miles smiled. "boys, in you come" the principal shouted through at us, we stood up and walked into his office. when i sat down i read his name plate that was on his desk. 'principal henderson' i read. "right, you" he said as he looked at me "you don't even go here, who are you" he asked me, i didn't want to answer, i didn't want to talk. "he doesn't talk much, only around people he's comfortable with" miles informed him. "well then miles you tell me who he is" he asked miles. "his names harvey, he goes to the high school" miles said. "and what is harvey doing beating up poor darius" principal henderson asked miles. "because darius was making fun of me" miles stated. "sir, there's a miss roberts here to see you" someone came in. "send her in" principal henderson said.