Chapter 45

***DUFF***

August 21st, 1987

I had the right time on my watch right? shit did she forget...I shook my head...maybe I should have called her...fuck! I didn't want it to seem like a date though. Shit whatever...I'll go in anyway...what's with this Swayze dude anyway? is he really all that? or is he just another James dean looking fucker.

Previews....previews I don't think I've seen a movie since I was a teenager, I don't think I've been on an actual date in forever...this isn't a date dude...right! Fuck.

The room got darker, ah shit...as Darcie would say...never lose faith...what is there to have faith in anyway...just for her to be happy, and away from Nikki.

I quickly heard feet shuffle beside me, I knew who it was just by the loud clacks of heel. I smiled as I heard the seat squeak and the figure sat down beside me as the screen lit up, I saw her face. She smiled

"sorry, paparazzi caught me in traffic" she whispered

I smiled and chuckled "it's alright"

I couldn't even remember some scenes of the movie cause I was looking at her the entire time, she looked at that screen like it was Nikki, and it wasn't just cause Swayze was in it, she gave the screen her full attention her eyes glimmered and moved along with every little thing, Once Swayze was on the screen forget about it the whole theater went stir crazy, I think even I did a bit.

I mean the girl was hot but I just kept comparing her to Darcie, but the girl was kind of annoying to, I guess that's what you get when you call the kid 'baby'.

How old is 'Johnny' supposed to be anyway? What qualifies to be a Hollywood heart throb, does that mean Axl is our 'Heartthrob'? or was it Slash?

I mean this was pretty hot, I mean in real life it would be ridiculous...but it wasn't the ,music was perfect everything was in sync, I looked at Darcellyn as she sat back her eyes still focused on the scene, I looked at her glimmering eyes and smiled. Her hand on the rest I felt her fingers graze mine, I turned my head to look at her but she beat me too it, our eyes connected, she looked at me with the same glimmer that she did with Nikki and it took me a while but it was because I saw those eyes every single time I've ever seen her; that's when I had the realization...she felt the same, the stars were in her eyes, color was in her eyes...everything was in those damn eyes that I've seen ever since I met her and I noticed...do I sound crazy? am I crazy or what?

she looked down and bit her lip for a second and released it, her eyes quickly fluttered up to mine, which felt like weight being lifted off my chest. We leaned in and close our eyes bright as the music still played in the background, and it wasn't a drunken kiss, or a kiss out of pity or foolishness, it was genuine and real, her lips were soft and sweet, no whisky or vodka, just... Darcie.

I leaned into it more as she pressed her lips harder on mine, I put my hands around her neck. I felt a hard jab on my back, I groaned and turned my head so did Darcie, as a woman just made a dirty face and pointed to the screen. We straightened ourselves, cleared out throats and looked at the screen her eyes scanned back to me she had a smile on her lips as her cheeks turned red, I chuckled lowly as I held her hand in mine, god did that happen? that happened...I can't quite muster what I feel, happy? shocked? confused? maybe all of it...all I know is that I want her...I need her.

--

The movie was over, pretty hot movie but my mind was focused on one thing, at this point I didn't care about the well being of Nikki, fuck him he was being an asshole anyways. I wanted to love her more, I wanted her. and it's not cause I just kissed her...her kiss opened my fucking head ...Slash was right I should have done it sooner...but what if I was wrong what if she was just living in the moment and she had an instinct, I was most likely wrong...this wasn't supposed to be a date and it isn't.

I walked her to her car, it was silent. She leaned on her car.

"I'm stuck at a crossroads. I need some time" she simply said, I nodded. Straight to the point which was good, and I could understand, she stepped forward, and kissed me again, I didn't want to let go but I had to give her some time, as much time as she needed.

I might need her but what she needed was time, however long that was for her...

I smiled, I was confused, filled with anticipation and this is gonna be weird to just say but 'love' as I drove home.

...