Chapter 23

***DARCIE***

After hours on the plane, we all got out...drunk and strolling our luggages with a hangover. I wore nothing but Nikki's oversized tour shirt and black sheer black opaque tights underneath and black heels. Could be worse, I should have brought a change of clothes with my carry on. I yawned as we walked and watched the car pull up.

The limo stopped, I couldn't see from the tinted windows but Nikki got out and helped me out. I was so tired, and my head was booming, all of us looked like zombies walking into the hotel. Vince went to reception as Mick went to take a seat, Tommy woke up from his deep trance and woke all of us up as he called out to a group.

"hey Slash! what sup man" he called out walking to the group as Nikki went to join. I smiled big wide when I saw Duff. As Nikki fooled around with the rest of the group, I walked to Duff and Izzy who were next to each other.

"hi" I smiled, Duff smiled, Duff gives me butterflies.

"hey, what's goin on" he asked, shit I just realized I look like shit, as I quickly met with Izzy's eyes.

"what are you lookin at Isabel?" I asked with attitude as I rubbed my eyes.

"happy to see your back with the bassist"

"yeah how'd that go?" Duff asked

"fine. we should be good now-"

"we saw the magazine dude" Slash said joining into the conversation, I always smile at Slash's energy, reminds me a lot of a tamer Tommy, probably why they get along so well. Nikki with him as he looped an arm around my shoulder, we smiled at each other. Duff and I's eyes kept locking it was strange but felt common, I wanted to stop I could have but it felt very oddly satisfying.

"on Seventeen right?" I looked up to the group as I played with Nikki's hand that was dangling on my shoulder.

"yeah you're also on Star Hits, a bunch of other shit but damn you guys look great!" he said, I felt my face get red.

"nah dude, it's all her" Nikki said looking at me, I smile

"damn man! Rock N Roll's Nikki Sixx and Hollywood icon Darcie Lee, front cover right there" he said amused as him and Nikki laughed, that headline sounded almost perfect.

Our head turned as Tommy called us over.

"yo were all on the same floor!" Tommy said excited as ever, it's like when Tommy got a toy truck for Christmas he wouldn't shut up about it. "are we gonna fuck everyone up or what!?" he yelled at he gave Slash a high five, I laughed.

All the boys, including Nikki and I walking toward the elevator.

"Tommy's got a big fat crush on Slash dude" Nikki joked

I giggled.

...

Something had been on my mind since I've been back with Nikki. Which was that kiss...Duff's kiss, I wonder if he remembers?, it had still lingered in my mind though it was a bit fuzzy as a memory. The kiss itself was quick, it as it happened it was over, But within the kiss, in the movements, the actions, the world around me..was frozen nothing but me and him, I can mistaken that kiss for a myriad of things, though I believe in me that it was nothing much but the heightened sensation and sensitivity of my drunk-ness on that night, and even thought I can most likely fully just count the kiss as a drunken impulsive night on the gnr bus, not only would that be hypocritical due to what Nikki's excuse of cheating was... and though it almost makes me terrified of my own heart to say this, I would be in denial if I were to say that Duff and I didn't have some sort of tension or connection. Whether it was purely platonic, romantic, or sexual...I have no clue, and it wasn't something I was going to explore when I have a boyfriend.