Hole

Hi, mates, it's time to get to the duel! So, I know that I ended the last chapter pretty oddly and I do not regret my decision!

Anyways, this is the duel! I'll be moving back to plot and then just keep going from there as I plan!

Initial Release Date: August 20, 2020

~~~~~

"Oy, Genos, didn't you wanna spar today?" I hear Sensei's voice from afar, though I'm far from on guard. Doctor Kuseno had installed me with the ability to wake up as normal humans do, as if not equipped by my cybernetic enhancements properly until I was fully awake.

Unfortunately, my desire to feel a bit more human had only hindered me further, and I was quickly smacked with reality and the realization as to why people loved coffee so much. Within the first three days, I instantly understood why Fubuki was so crabby when I had woken her in the wee hours of the day; alarm clocks had not worked, but oddly enough, ringtones of calls do.

I still have not convinced her to just use the same ringtone of when I call her as she does for her alarm clock. She insists that her alarm should be something gentle when it doesn't even wake her up. I find it odd.

Regardless, I hear Sensei's voice from afar, and I wonder what in the world occurred for him to not only have woken up before me, but to put in genuine effort of waking me up. I had certainly heard him say words, but I simply had not registered it yet. In fact, I hadn't even opened my eyes as my systems had just now begun to boot up.

"What time is it?" I mumble, finally being able to open my eyes. Luckily, I had not requested that Doctor Kuseno give me the full experience that included being instantly blinded by any amount of light, and he had not done so. I had heard that it was quite annoying, and considering how much it could annoy Miss Tatsumaki and Sensei, I don't think I would choose it in any circumstances, especially considering how strenuous the current experience was.

"5 A.M," Sensei responds, looking at his clock while getting back up. Another thing that I am glad that was not in this human process of waking up? Muscle fatigue. I could deal with not being on guard or being fully awake at once, but having my limbs feel like wet noodles? That would genuinely just be pathetic, I believe.

"You...are not usually up this early, Sensei," I say as I get up. "What prompted this?" As I dust off myself, I head to the closet to pick out my daily outfit. I honestly don't care what I wear, especially as all of my outfits have virtually no aesthetic difference to them. It makes me wonder what I must have done to gain a fan following.

Whatever the cause of the fan following, that is currently irrelevant as Sensei reminds me, "Didn't you wanna spar? You kept bringing it up but we were pretty busy."

The memories come flooding back. My fight or flight sense gets triggered right then and there. By god, I had never been so irritated at the flow of a day and at being interrupted so consistently, but it was likely one of the most irritable days of my life. Second most irritable day, though.

"Ah, you're correct. What time is okay for you for our sparring match?" I ask, and he stretches a bit, heading into the bathroom.

"I dunno, any time works. That's sort of why I woke you up so we could go whenever," he explains loudly as the bathroom door shuts. Makes sense, I suppose, but I find it inconvenient that both of us find any time convenient and thus are somewhat plagued by indecision. However, the earlier, the better, I suppose.

"I think it would be best if we were to do it sooner rather than later. Perhaps after breakfast?" I suggest, and he's alright with the time. Luckily, it's a weekday, so afterwards, I'll probably be able to either go hunt for some monsters or think of ways to improve my battle tactics. A spar against Sensei may also show me what I could improve on.