What is a monster?

I...I didn't expect to get here, not gonna lie. I thought I had them in the first half, honestly. I really thought I did.

My breathing...is raspy. Like I'm a chain smoker, almost.

To be fair, though, in my defense, it's not like they gave me a fair shot. I had to kill those two monsters that tried to kill me, then save Tareo, then fight off some other ass bags that got in my way.

Hell, I even had to take on that psychic fatass, but getting used to its power wasn't too hard. I think I got the hang of it, actually.

But where I'm at, I'd probably not be able to take on Tornado or something like her.

So...yeah. I tried fighting that gigantic monster with the tentacles and shit, and promptly got my ass kicked. I don't think I did that bad, all things considered. Especially since a bunch of the other monsters wouldn't even try to take it on (except that weird sperm thing that spoke up when I first met the boss), so I'm probably stronger than most of the Monster Association.

But here I lay, surrounded by nothing other than concrete bricks and stale, dried out blood. It's disgusting, honestly. More of a disgusting environment than I thought it'd be. This is where they kept the kids?

Ew.

There's literally the light of one torch, and that fucking psychic asshat hasn't even let me rest. Just...bringing me back to the brink of death and letting me rest for what, five minutes?

You'd think that I'd actually die right about now, but somehow, that thing...it's refined enough to the point where it can bring me to the literal brink, like...a millimeter away from dying every single time.

The issue is that I don't see what she's going to gain from all of this. And yes, it's clearly a she. I got used to the psychic power. I could feel it all around me. It's a female.

Anyways, yeah. What does that woman have to do with me? What does she gain? She already has that tentacle thing, but does she think she's going to be able to control me? From what I could tell, that thing wasn't even enough to take someone like Tornado on, or maybe not even Silverfang. Hell, I'm pretty confident that that thing couldn't take on Silverfang and win easily. Maybe it could beat him, but I don't think it could.

God, it sounds weird, complimenting the old geezer, but it's true.

But making me more powerful now? I don't think he could take me again. Give me an hour to recover, and I'd be up and running and destroying the streets without any problem.

That being said, I can't even get that hour of rest, but I'm assuming from the shaking and frantic sounds I'm hearing from the hallway outside of the room I'm in, the Hero Association is probably on their way here, if they're not here already. So I'm just gonna throw it out there and guess that I'm going to get that hour of rest.

All that stomping outside is honestly getting annoying. Screeching of worry and fear, all that stuff you'd expect from humans fleeing from a monster, not monsters running from humans. Genuinely speaking, though? I can sort of understand why they're doing it.

They don't have too many strong monsters out here, but there are some that are pretty strong. I think. Not completely sure, but that one sperm thing can probably beat an S-Class hero pretty quickly.

I wonder who they brought.

I sigh. It's been twenty minutes since I saw Psykos come in here, so I guess she's occupied with the heroes.

I'll take this opportunity to rest up now, and when I see them again?

Man, that's going to be pretty fun.