11.

I just realized a mistake in my writing and I want to apologize for the lack of speech marks in the story.

I will try to correct it in all the chapter that I have written but that will delay my updates for now.

"Go up to your room". Aunt Jelo said as we entered into the house. "Please don't make me go back", I said weakly, "and tell them that I'll be fine now". I went up to my room to switch on my gadgets. Apparently, I fainted in the hospital. The doctors were scared that my brain would go into shock and I'd slip into a coma but I was just unconscious for a few days. Fern and Aunt Jelo have been with me and I got discharged today. I tried so hard to deny the truth but my brain couldn't take the news. My stubbornness probably caused all of this. Immediately I switched my tablet on, voicemails blurred into life.

The most recent one was from three days ago. B.T sounded furious in the voicemail. I'm the cause of all this. B.T called to warn me but I was being stupid as ever. I dropped the tablet on the bed. If I had quit being a brat, Zayn would still be mine. At that moment, B.T's call came in. "A-27, what is wrong with you?!" He sounded more furious than he did in the mail, "why did you switch off on the Corte?!" "I'm sorry but in my defense, you started all this". I said calmly. "I started it? If you had not ignored me, that boy would still be alive".

"How do you know about Zayn?"

"I always know things and Corte Waze is planning a counter attack. They are not taking the death of their member lightly".

"I am not also taking the death of my boyfriend lightly".

"You had duties lined up but you ignored it all and the damage done is irreversible. A meeting was held to harm your parents but surprisingly they were untouched".

"That meeting was not held. I and...I handled them".

"You took on twenty men all by yourself?"

"It wasn't that much of a big deal. I'm sorry and I promise I will never be this careless again. What is the next mission?"

"Those are the only words I expect of an agent. I will let this one slide, Crowns but there must not be a next time". He finally said.

He gave me the next assignment. This one was big and it was two days before Zayn's funeral. I still can't believe that this was happening and it's all thanks to my foolishness. Zayn was the best guy ever. I saw a note under my pillow.

I'm sorry for your loss. I'll always be here for you if you ever need a friend. You deserve so much more in this life and I'm sorry for everything. I wish you the best as you try to get over this.

The note is so touching but Im too sad to try and figure out who left it here. I opened my phone and I clicked on my gallery. I stare at all our photos. We were the best couple ever. If we were still together for senior prom, I'm almost sure that we'll be prom king and queen. I read all our texts and I looked at our call history. I even saved his number as BBITW which stands for Best Boyfriend in the World. We didn't spend that much time together and that's what hurts the most. Fern called but I didn't answer. I haven't even thanked her for staying with me in the hospital. My phone chirped. It was from Fern.

Fern: I'm coming over to talk things out. P.S; you dont have to thank me for anything 'cause that's what best friends are for.

I walked downstairs to wait for Fern. Zayn's parents even visited me in the hospital. I can't believe I let them lose their son; only son and only child. If I didn't drag Zayn into my life, I'm sure he'd still be alive. "Thank goodness you came down", Aunt Jelo said as soon as she saw me, "someone's here to see you". The smile on my face vanished. Aunt Jelo left us alone. "Why did you come here?" I asked Wendy, moving closer to where she was standing. "I came here to scream. You are a psychotic, vindictive, little bitch!" Wendy screamed. "Don't you dare use those words on me!" I shouted back, "you have no right to come here and insult me!"

"I'll do whatever I want. I always had a crush on Zayn. I thought I would I would have my chance once he dumped you but you made sure that no one could have him but you".

"That is a very wrong accusation. Zayn and I had our issues but he never wanted to dump me and he used his last minutes in the world to tell me that he loved me. I would never hurt him".

"That's what they all say. I've been watching you and you have even shed a tear since Zayn died".

"Zayn meant the world to me and he still does. If he didn't take that bullet, I'd be dead. Now I know why you're angry, you wish that it was me and not Zayn".

No answer.

"I knew it! I know you're selfish and really insensitive but I didn't think that you'd ever wish me dead. I can't bear to see you rotten face. You disgust me. Trent!" I called to Trent, "I want this peasant out of this house! Trent ran to my side while two of my guards grabbed Wendy and they starting dragging her out of the house. "Who are you really?!" Wendy shouted as she was being pulled away. "I am Princess Janemarie Topeza de Monet the first of Viella!" I shouted, "And if you know what's good for you, you had better keep your lips shut". "So this is the big answer to the secrets", I heard a voice I wish I wasn't hearing say, "before you try to deny anything, I was hear the whole time but you were too angry to notice".

I turned around with my hair swinging, "I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you", I said, walking towards her, "I have a good reason for not telling you". Fern sat on a chair, "I'm listening. I want to know what was so important to hide that you couldn't tell your best friend that you're a princess and you lied to her that the title was just a silly nickname", she said folding her arms. I told her everything about my princess life but not my Corte identity. That is a secret I can never tell her.

"We're best friends. I would have understood if only you told me". Fern said angrily. "You don't know how it feels to lose yourself because of a title". I said in my defense. I told her how I felt about being just Jane. I wanted to discover myself and I can't do that if everyone around me is being loyal just because of a title. I told her about how I grew up in the palace. It can get very boring in a place where everyone is loyal to your every command. This is my first chance to experience the world. This experience is what I've always dreamed of. I wanted to know what the outside world felt like and here I am. The only chance I got to see the world for what it really was has been totally screwed now. I wanted to challenge a mean girl but the mean girl made me spill me secret. I wanted to live in a place where I won't have to come in contact with too much Corte things but the Corte things hunted me down. I wanted to have a boyfriend that would make me feel special but Zayn got killed instead of me. I wanted a best friend the most but now, it looks like I've lost the trust of the best friend ever.

This chapter is very intense, right?

I love drama and conflict!

XOXO

Jojo Quinn