21.

The picture is the blue dress and sapphire tiara

"I told you Veins. You don't have to carry me", I protested on Veins' back, "I can walk and I'm hardly injured". "That's not what the hole in your chest said. We were lucky that Juan could fix you up", Veins smiled, "and at least now, you'd learn how to wear the shirt better". "I really wanted to ride on Mantle. I know he missed me", I squeezed his rope; "I think he's a bit jealous of you". I moved closer to Mantle and I whispered, "He's not your competition". "I heard that". Veins said, pushing me a little.

Turns out, that bullet hit me but I got stitched up at the HQ and Veins is taking me home. Mom and Aunt Jelo insisted on getting to the palace before us. I have a feeling that they have something up their sleeves. They always have. "There is my daughter who just stopped an army from taking my throne", Dad said, walking to us, "I am proud of you. This calls for a feast". "Thanks Dad but there's no need for a feast. We're just doing our job", I smiled, hugging him, "I'm just glad that I'm back". "Your mother and sneaky assistant already have things in mind. You had better go and talk to them", he hugged me again, "and I want to have with Vincent if you don't mind". I nodded and I walk to find Mom.

I ran to the royal dining hall. The table was almost set but I noticed that the desserts were still missing. I saw Mom ordering the servants around but she stopped when she saw me. "Before you say anything, I know you don't like this but it is the least I can do for you", she smiled, "I would advise that you go in for a nice relaxing bath and diner will be ready in thirty minutes". I turned around to go but I wanted to clear my mind, "Mother, I am really scared", I moved closer to her, "Dad said he wanted to see Veins alone. I don't know what he'll tell him". "I'm sure it is nothing serious". Mom replied. "What if he tells him to forget about me because I can only be with someone of royalty?" I asked. Mom's eyes widen a bit, "I suspect Vincent hasn't told you yet. He does not like talking about it then", she pats my shoulder, "and your father has your good in mind. Now go upstairs".

I followed her orders and I went to my room. It smells like I have not been in here for a while. I took a bath in the tub and I even washed my hair. I walked out of the bathroom, cleaning my hair with a small towel. I brought out my phone to check if I have any texts from Wendy. I had a bunch of voicemails but I listened to the most recent one. I dialed her number, "Hey, Wendy. What's up?" I said casually, "I see you left me a bunch of voicemails". "Thank goodness, you're alright. I thought something bad had happened to you", she sighed deeply, "and it's good to hear from you". "I'm sorry I got you worried. I had lots of things on my plate but I have time now".

"It's good that you're safe. I couldn't sleep after I had this crazy dream about you".

"You had a dream about me? Do tell".

"In the dream, you were this super fighting person. There was a battle or war and you got shot by a bullet".

"Where did you get that from?"

"It's crazy, right?"

"It's tots crazy. That can never happen. I can't even hurt a fly properly", I laughed awkwardly, "How are things going with you?" "Things are great. There's this summer play thing at the Community Theater and they want to star me in the play", she sounded excited. "That's amazing! This is your shot at going big".

"I know but I'm sad you can't run lines with me. I really don't want to do this without your help".

"We can run lines on Face time, how about that?"

"That is genius! I knew you'd find a way. I wish I could hug you through this".

"I wish so too. Hearing about your play is making me miss L.A more. I wish I could be there to give you a bunch of flowers backstage". We both laughed. "It's not going to be the same without you but I'll try. I miss you so much". "I miss you too". "I love you and bye". "I love you too". I finally said as I hung up. I know Wendy will do great.

Going back next month, will be epic. I heard that senior year is always the best year. It's the year when you can either be a rebel or a showstopper. It's the year where you have to do something so good or so bad or so crazy that everyone will remember your name forever. I can't wait to be a senior. I think the year is going to be more like me; full of surprises. I wore a blue and white dress with my sapphire tiara and I went downstairs. "There she is", Mom said as I got close to the table, "you look fabulous. Just like a princess". "Am I the princess?" I hit myself a bit, "I must have forgotten". We both laughed.

While we were laughing, Veins walked in slowly, taking a seat beside me. "Guess who looks like a gentleman?" I teased. He was in my Dad's old clothes. "You look splendid, Vincent", Mom commented, "just like your father when he was younger". Veins looked pained for a minute but he smiles, "thank you, Queen Iesha"; he turns to me, "and thanks you too. You don't look bad yourself". "Double wow. You suddenly transformed into a full gentleman". "What can I say?" he pinches me under the table, "I owe it all to you". I didn't jump but I started planning revenge. He can't pinch me and walk away.

This chapter is short (to me).

I just want everyone to know the aftermath of a battle.

Do you want to know what Jane's Dad said to Veins? I know I do then read the next chapter.

I am loving Wendy more. Are you?

I still need your support guys, it will mean so much to me as a writer.

XOXO

Jojo Quinn