14.

Resuming back to school was my long awaited break. Mom and Dad almost caught me the day Veins and I escaped from Corte Waze. I had to lie to cover our tracks and Fern's disappearance. I forged a fake note saying that Fern ran away because she lied to me. On the flight back to L.A, I hoped that this semester would not be as dramatic as the last one (and no more deaths). I want this junior year to quickly run through. I debated on requesting for a change of locker space since Fern's locker was next to mine but it was a little bit pointless.

I ran to catch the bus after breakfast. Getting on the bus, everyone had their eyes on me, "what are you all looking at?" I asked, irritated, "all your eyeballs can fall out for all I care!" This is not the start I was hoping for but it wasn't all that bad. It was the ride won't end because we took a long time to get to school. Probably, they were staring at my new look which was in complete leather or they just got weirder this new semester. It felt weird walking down the hallways alone.

Shawn, Lory and Kurt walked up to me at my locker, "for a new kid, you're a sore loser". Shawn said, slamming my locker, "all you ever bring is bad luck. The moment you come to Fallville High, Zayn gets killed and now Fern's gone!" I wanted to ignore her but I couldn't help myself, "hold your crap to yourself! I thought you guys had brain but clearly you got nothing up your heads!" I was really angry, "they were my friends too. If Zayn didn't take shot, I would have been dead and even if that's what you all want, I'm sorry but it didn't happen". Lory wanted to say something but I didn't let her, "I'm not done talking! Don't try to cut me short", I faced Shawn again, "Fern's a coward! She lied to me and she ran away. Blame me for that too! I wish I had time to chat but I have things to do that would actually be productive. And a reminder, only stupid, nitwitted and dumbass kids would pick on someone that lost their closest ones".

I walked away before they thought of any comeback. I didn't want to notice that everyone in the hallway was staring at us. This is the worst day ever! I wanted to start fresh but it looks like my plans have been spoilt. Just as I was about to go for History, Wendy and her cohorts appear in front of me. "What do you want now?" I asked them, "Do you also want to tell how much of a pain I am?" "Erm, no! First of all, I love your new look", Wendy said nicely, "and I brought you a gift basket". Barbie gives her a basket and she gives it to me. "You bought me a gift basket?" I asked, totally confused, "the last time I checked, you called me the 'B' word and that's not a word friends use".

"And I'm here to set things straight. I was not nice to you last year especially after Zayn...so I decided to apologize".

"Wendy Lanshaw is about to apologize? I'm not dumb. I can't fall for you prank".

"I'm being serious", she pulls me to a corner, "I thought about all the things you said to me over the holiday and I realized that I was only being a spoilt, jealous and selfish brat".

"You were jealous of me? Am I in the wrong Fallville High?"

"No, you're not. I know it's hard to believe but I tried to find myself during the holiday and I figured out that I had lost myself under all those drama stunts. I want to be a better person and it took me a few insults from you to realize it".

"Are you just saying this because of my secret?"

"No, I am not! I'm trying so hard to make you believe me. The truth is I don't have special talents and the old me decided that it would be better to bring others down since I couldn't make myself feel good".

"That's terrible you know!"

"I know that now and I'm sorry for everything. I really wish I met you years ago, I would have been a better person by now".