23.

(Three years later)

It's been three years since I lost Dad. His remembrance was last week. He was truly a great king. Mom still cries from time to time but I think she's going to pull herself together. Being the queen of Viella really hurts. It feels great when everyone is being respectful and obedient but I'm not as good as my Dad was.

I have been away from Viella for two years after graduating from high school. Senior year was awesome and so many crazy things happened. Our Judo team won the State Championships and we advanced to the Nationals. I had to drop out for Rico. I had sprained my ankle the month before Nationals and I got an early admission to College. I created murals for the class all over the school. Wendy got recruited by some talent scouts and she got a full ride scholarship to the University of Indianapolis. She didn't want to take it but I advised her to. Jay Mow and his gang got arrested before our final exams for drug dealing. Shawn got famous for the viral video of her doing a keg stand. She didn't write the final exams and most people said she got pregnant after a one-night stand. Lory and Kurt got expelled for 'misbehaving' on school grounds. Surprising stories, right? It was a real shocker for all of us.

I spent two years in College studying Art and next month, I would be opening a National Art Gallery. I even have plans to start fund raisers using art exhibition. Wendy and I promised to make time for ourselves after she finishes University. As for relationships, Aunt Jelo and B.T seemed to have hit things off. I had my suspicions though. With Dad gone, Mom decided to spend her time visiting old friends especially Veins' mother, Queen Gabriella. Veins and I are doing great too and he didn't stop his vanishing trick when I was in College.

The Corte is in good hands too. You'd think that after stopping two evil Cortes all the problems in the world would end but it didn't. I barely have time for myself these days since evil won't rest. Some missions were easy since the Corte has many agents now but there are still some things I had to do myself. I can't risk their lives alone. I have to risk mine too some times as leader.

The phone call I was expecting finally arrived, "Good day, Senor Marcus. I believe everything is almost ready for the grand opening", I said, looking through the files, "and I received word that the Contractors are requesting more wages for the underground shaft and you have refused to settle them". "Not at all, your Majesty. I only told them that it would be delayed because I need the permission from you", he replied raptly, "I will ensure that it is ready for reviewing on the scheduled day. I give you my word". "I believe in your word. Have a nice day". I hung up.

I picked up three more files that had to do with construction. The bridge has been badly damaged. I need to write a letter to the head of the police department so that the road users that need the bridge will be redirected to a safer route. The National Museum and the National Park need remodeling. It was last remodeled during my grandfather's time and it was a project my Dad wanted to carry out.

The doors of the Royal Study flung opened. It was Mom and a tray of tea. "You will have grey hairs in no time if you keep this up", she said, taking a seat and a cup of tea, "take a little break, honey". "I'm fine, Mom", I took a sip, "and I can't rest knowing that I have so many projects ahead of me". "You are getting terribly pale. All you do is sitting in here all day most times you don't come down for meals".

"I'll try my best to come down for meals".

"I do not want you to try. I want you to change starting now".

"What do you want me to do? I can't relent in my duties".

"You are not relenting. You are just taking a little break so that the sun can dance on your skin a bit".

"I guess I can take a little break tomorrow then I'll..." I tried saying but Mom cut me short, "I don't want you to take a day off", she drops her cup, "and I want you to take weeks or months off this job. I want what's best for you". "I can't argue with you so I'll take a break after all my running projects are completed", I finally gave in; "I have about five projects to complete. Thanks Mom but if you will excuse me, I have a meeting with the museum curators in less than an hour". And with that, I walked out of the room.

Mom was a little bit right but I didn't feel like I was doing enough to help my country. Mom told me that she didn't think a woman would be able to handle the stress of ruling Viella and I'm going to prove her wrong by making my rule felt by everyone in a good way. I want to do my best and I will not rest until I have reached that peak. After this meeting, I have two more scheduled for the day. To my utter surprise, Veins didn't show up again after stealing me during breakfast for a quick 'talk' outside (we actually played run and catch again). Each time I'm with him, I forget all my worries. Probably after these projects, I will fly to Alma with him to see his Mom, relax and have fun.

This is a very short chapter and it's because we're close to the end of Crowns.

I am so happy!

I want to thank everyone that has been with me from the start. Love to you all!

XOXO

Jojo Quinn