Epilogue

Even after being the queen of two kingdoms, I cannot be saved from my mother's constant nagging. "I told you that I'm fine. I might be cranky but fine". I said to her over the phone, "and Doctor Manuel will be here any minute with the test results". "I know it will be positive and that means no more Corte things". She said confidently. "I won't stop even if it comes out positive. I will still go on missions until I'm due".

"You're so stubborn! I know you didn't get that from me".

"Are you sure? You might want to rethink that".

"I just don't want you to get hurt".

"I can handle myself and you need to stop the nagging. It's getting out of hand".

"Just because you are queen does not mean you cannot be scolded".

"Okay, love you so much. Bye, Mom". I quickly hung up. If I didn't act quickly, I will be stuck with her for hours.

It's been a year now since Veins and I got married and it feels great except this part. The Corte is on the hot trail of a really dangerous guy and a baby will just pull me back. I can hear Veins' voice in my head telling me a thousand reasons why I should stop fighting and start taking care of myself. I don't really care how well I am as long as my people are safe from any threats.

The butler walked Doctor Manuel inside. "Good day, Doctor", I smiled curtsying, "and I see you have the results with you". "Good day to you too, your highness", he smiled, "and I do have your results. I hope you have been eating right". "I have been great. Let's take our seats". I said smiling too. We sit down and he hands me some papers. I scan through the papers and I don't want to believe my eyes. "I don't believe it. I can't be positive", I said doubting, "and I can't be pregnant". "Both your blood and urinary samples were tested and that is the result".

"I don't want a baby now, Doctor".

"I understand you, Queen Janemarie but I can't do anything. There are some things that we want to avoid but it ends up happening. Do you know why that happens?"

"I think those things are important. If you can't avoid it then make the best out of it".

"Exactly! This baby was no accident and all you can do now is to make the best out of it".

"Do you have kids, Doctor Manuel?"

"I do not but I do know that they are special gifts that we must never reject".

"Thank you very much. I know better now". I finally said as he took his leave. I understand it now. I touched my tummy and I can't believe there's life in it. This baby would surely be a miracle but that doesn't mean that I would quit the Corte. My Viella always needs me.

~ * ~

"How many times have I told you to never call me on a mission?" I said to Veins, "I'm busy here". "You have to be careful now", he said, "and if you get a little scratch call for back up and..." "Bye!" I shouted, cutting him off. One of the toughest bad guys escaped from Viella and is now in Alma and I'm the only one that can stop him. Being two months pregnant can be a bit tough but this is very important. My tummy wasn't out yet so I could still hide it and look good in my Corte outfit at the same time.

No one knows his name for sure but we know he's bad news. He's an ex-service staff and he wants to rob Viella so that his business would be stable. He sells guns and other weapons to criminals all over the world. He is responsible for the destruction of the local bank in Palente (it's a city in Viella). According to his file, he doesn't have any weakness and he surrounds himself with many guards. The only way to get in is by fighting my way in.

I shot two guys standing beside the back window. I crawled in but I was spotted. I continued fighting but I narrowly missed a blow that was aimed at my stomach. I got really angry after that and I punched his face. Suddenly three bullets from my back shot the three that were in my way. "How did you find me?" I asked looking back, "you're supposed to be doing your king duties". "And so are you, your highness. I guess we both have a thing for not doing things we're supposed to do", Veins answered me, "and did anyone hurt our little angel?" "No one hurt our baby and I'm fine. Thanks for asking", I said sarcastically, "and I have this. You can go now". "How about we end it like the old days, partner?" he asked with a smirk, "I like a Crowns in battle". "If you want to fight then quit talking, partner". I finally said as we ran into the room.

We ran inside; fighting, shooting and killing. We fought more guys before we actually got to the head. He was a good fighter but he wasn't good enough and since I knew the mission first, I had the right to kill him. I threw a knife in his heart section and he dropped to the ground. I felt really good and I'm happy Veins and I did it together. It felt like we were teenagers all over again. I missed those days but I love the new ones better because I finally learned and that is the only thing that gives me strength. I love my family, my Corte and my home, Viella. Amoa mi familia, mi Corte y mi hogar, Viella. I will always be Crowns.

"I wanted to save my father’s throne because I wasn’t ready to be queen. I killed many people; those that hurt me first, those that plotted and those that got in the way. I lost my Dad.  But not to the war that I was fighting. I lost him to the war of keeping our family together. B.T sent me to LA to take a life but I discovered a whole new meaning to life there. I lived, I loved and I lost the ones I grew to love. It was terrible. I did learn and that’s why Veins is still in my life as the most important person. Being an assassin wasn’t what B.T was training me to learn after all. I appreciate him. I saved my people by saving places for people in my heart".
                           —Agent Crowns

The Queen of Viella and Alma. The Commander of Corte Viella

In loving memory of King Bendfort Sabateno Monet V, Zayn Tyson, Ferninda Ivory, Barbie Snow and Becky Snow.

This is it!

I am so happy that this is over.

I want to give a special thanks to all those who supported me right from the start.

I love you all and I hope this book will be loved everywhere it goes to.

Thanks a lot and please stick around. I have more coming up.

XOXO

Jojo Quinn