18.

WARNING: Spanish words included!

"I wish I could come with you", Wendy said as we walked into the airport, "but I have things I wanna work on if I want to get into College. I'm not the smartest kid in class". "You are smart enough. I'll miss you so much", I said hugging her, "and you look fab in black". "It's not really my style but it's for Barbie and Becky". "It's for Barbie and Becky". I confirmed. "Be careful, I don't know what I'd do if you get hurt". She shouted, waving goodbye, "I love you!" "I love you too! Take good care of yourself". I said, walking through the check point.

Barbie and Becky's burial was in March but Wendy and I agreed to wear black for the first week of our summer break. Many students blamed me for their deaths until Wendy attacked them. Shawn had the nerve to tell Wendy that she was next. Wendy slapped her and Shawn still got into trouble. So my junior year ended with everyone thinking that I was jinxed. I wanted to care and reply all their trash talking but Wendy held me back. We're more alike than I thought and we will always have each other's back.

Summer is going to be really long. Going back to Viella, I know that I'm going to get ready for the war among the Cortes. B.T has not said anything but I had a feeling that he was being silent because he was creating a big crazy. I just hope that the crazy plan is enough to end this, once and for all.

~ * ~

"You don't know how much I've missed you", I said as I ran to hug my Mom, "it's so good to see you". "I have missed you too my child", she lets me go, "let us go in for tea". We sat down on the garden bench which is close to the water fountain with tea in our hands. "Mom, I want to ask a question", I took a small sip from my cup, "has there ever been a queen of Viella". "Unfortunately, there has never been a queen", she sips her tea too, "and I personally do not feel that a woman can get the job done. The stress of ruling is very much and she has a family to take care of. Why do you ask?" "There's no reason. I had a nice year and I can't wait to finally finish so that I can go to College and get a life".

"But you already have a life here and it's your responsibility to get ready for your future role".

"But I really want to go to College so that I can focus on Art and open a gallery someday".

"I feared that this would happen. Your father and I have come to a conclusion. You will be getting engaged very soon".

"Engaged?!" It sounded outrageous, "you both realize that I'm just seventeen, right?" "We realize that but we have a tradition to follow and we have to get you engaged to a royal as soon as possible". Mom said calmly. How could she be calm at a moment like this? I was very furious and I yelled, "I will get married to whomever I want, whenever I want!" "You can't walk out yet, young lady!" Mom raised her voice too. "You're right", I came back to drop the cup on the saucer, "I can't go with the tea cup".

I was very angry with my parents. I have the Corte that I have dedicated my life to and I can't let some marriage with a random dude prevent me from doing my job. It's not like my Dad would fall and die anytime soon, so why the rush? I don't want to hear anything like this. I need some air, outside the palace. I mounted Mantle and I rode away. At least nothing can chain my freedom of riding Mantle.

I went to the hill top and I sat down beside Mantle. "I thought you ran out to come find me", Veins said walking to my side, "and it's a nice view from up here". "I haven't been here up to ten minutes and I feel better". I said, faking a smile, "how did you find me? I left the palace". "A little birdie told me you ran off", he smiled, "and as a good boyfriend, it's my duty to find you". "It's nice that you came here", I laughed, "I could use a little laugh". "We can laugh over ice-cream", he pulled me up, "and it's on me". "That's a good idea", I climbed on Mantle, "I'll have something to drown my misery in. Race you down there".