24.

"If I trip, I am going to punch you", I said with my eyes blinded, "be careful with me". After completing the projects, Mom nagged me about taking a break. I finally convinced Veins to come to Alma with me. Queen Gabriella and Mom had a lot in common and she is really nice. I only spoke to King Vincent once but Veins didn't even talk to him at all. Today is my birthday and Veins promised me a romantic diner and he said it will be a surprise. "Quit talking and walk slowly", he held me closely, "now get down a little". I put my legs in the thing and I sat down. "You're clearly faster than your shadow", he said still holding my hands, "and you can take off your blindfold now".

I removed the blindfold and my mind was completely blown away by the surprise. "O.M.G! I feel like I'm in Paris", I said smiling, "and this is truly romantic". We are in a gondola with the food laid out and candles with rose petals all around. "Alma looks so beautiful in the evening", he said as the gondola started moving, "I know you'll love it here". "I actually don't know what to say for the first time". I smiled more.

"A little 'thank you' or 'I love you' wouldn't hurt".

"I love you so much and this is special so thank you".

"I never thought I'd be back in Alma. I wanted to leave here for good but I'm happy now that I'm here with you".

"I'll always be here for you".

"I know. That's why I'm waiting patiently", he stroked my hand. "Don't let your Italian playboy side show now", I teased, "I want to enjoy this moment so that I'd never forget it".

We talked and laughed as we ate our food and I was sure that we were going in no particular direction. The Oarsman was just turning around to give us time to enjoy ourselves. "Your dad told me something important that day we talked", Veins said out of the blues. "What did he tell you?" I asked curiously. "He said you loved your Stallion tiara and it..." "It was the first gift of love shared in the family". We both said. "I know the story too but only because", I chuckled, "he told me twenty-five thousand times". "Anyways, I didn't understand why he told me then but now I do", the gondola stopped. Veins got on one knee, "Janemarie Topeza de Monet the first", he said opening a small box, "would you make me complete by marrying me?"

I was stunned. I didn't expect it. I was completely caught off guard. "Yes! I will!" I answered as he pulled me into a kiss. He slid the ring on my finger. "It looks just like my tiara". I said, smiling widely. "Look at it closely". He said as he raised my hand up a little. There was a small space in the middle that formed a heart shape. "This cannot explain how much I love you", he smiled widely too. "I've always wanted to do something, can I?" I asked with a smirk. He nodded. "I'm getting married!" I screamed, "I'm getting married!" I continued screaming until I felt that my throat was dry.

It still seemed very unbelievable to me. I just got asked the WYMM question by the greatest person in the world. This is the officially the greatest birthday ever. Veins had this all planned out because the driver was waiting for us. We interlocked our fingers throughout the drive. When we entered the palace, Queen Gabriella welcomed us, "how was diner, honey?" she asked me,
"I hope my naughty son fed you instead of feeding himself". "He did feed me and it was beautiful", I used the ring finger to brush my hair, "and I had a wonderful time today".

Her eyes caught sight of the ring, "he finally did it", and she hugged me, "congratulations, Jane. I am so happy for you!" We walked inside and I narrated how it all happened. "Your mother will love to hear this". She said laughing as my phone started ringing. "And that is her calling now", I looked at my phone, "I have to take this, please excuse me". "Good evening, mother". I greeted. "Happy birthday, darling. How is my daughter doing?" Mom asked excited, "how was your day?" "It was really long and tiring". I replied.

"Are you sure? Did nothing happen?"

"What do you classify as special?"

"I don't know. It can be just about anything".

"Nothing really happened just that Veins finally did it!"

"I knew it! Veins told me he was going to do it soon".

"You knew about this? Aren't you the sneaky one?"

"I am always up to something but I am so happy for you, congratulations".

"Thank you, Mom. Don't forget to fluff your pillow before bed".

"I am already doing that". She said. We talked for a while until she hung up. Mom told me some really weird things. No one said anything about staying in Alma if Veins and I get married. Alma is beautiful but Viella is my home. Veins breaks me from my thought, "what is my beautiful bride thinking of now?" he asked. I turned to face him, "Veins, if we get married do I have to stay in Alma with you?" I asked worriedly. Veins held my hand, "I'd go wherever you want to go", he kissed my head, "and who told you I want to stay in Alma?" "It is your home and I'm sure you want to spend time with your Mom". I answered. "First of all, Viella is my home and second of all, I don't like staying here. You know why". "I know", I kissed his cheek; "I'm glad that we're on the same page".

Veins started chasing me. I don't think he can ever quit this game but he always loses. He finally caught me and he took me to my room. "I would really love to come in", he said smiling, "after all, I am the groom to be". "You're still 'to be' which disallows you from entering my room", I said, pulling him into a kiss, "and you almost forgot your kiss. Goodnight, Vincent". "Goodnight, Jane. The one and only mi reina". He finally said as he walked away slowly.

This is the cutest part of this book.

I love a good proposal!

XOXO

Jojo Quinn