16.

This is the first time in three months that I'm hearing from B.T. "I have a very special mission for you today"; he voice was really cracked, "Corte Ishe is having a meeting and they have a nuclear weapon which looks exactly like a pistol". "Are you okay? Your voice is a bit off". I asked worriedly. "It's a bad sore throat. It's been happening recently", he coughs a little, "after you complete the mission, send the details to me. I don't think my voice will hold up that long". He gave the details I needed. "Make sure you take care of yourself, B.T". I said smiling. "I will and good luck with the mission". He finally said as he hung up. B.T never tells anyone good luck. He's probably too sick to remember his motto.

I suited up and I packed some gadgets I will need. I took my motorbike and drove off to Malibu. I could hear the ocean even if it was miles away from where I was. I spotted the building that B.T described and I got on the roof. I fixed the rope hanger and I clipped it to my belt. I opened the air vent and I went in silently. I was in a dark room but the opposite room had a pistol in a glass case. I wanted to run for it but it seemed too easy. I sprayed the powder in the air and it revealed the security lights. I used a bit of the acrobatics I learnt during my training.

Just as B.T had said, there was a meeting in the next room. A guy was saying something about the big one that they all had to get ready for. But the guy mentioned a name that made this whole mission confusing. I quickly grabbed the pistol and I tucked it in my back pocket but unluckily, it set off an alarm. Agents rushed into the room that I was standing in. I flipped back to the rope but I shot at least three agents down. They all had revolvers in their hands which was another confusing thing. I removed the thought from my mind and I clipped the hook to my belt. I pressed the button and it pulled me back up. I ran down the ladder and I hopped on my motorbike. I don't know if it's all in my head but this is the weirdest mission ever. If I didn't act quickly, I would be dead. I snuck up to my room and I sent the details of the weapon to B.T before falling asleep.

~ * ~

For some reason, Trent was worried about me. He was right though, I looked like a human zombie. I didn't get enough sleep because my mind would not stop thinking about the mission. I might get some sleep after tomorrow since it's the last day of school for this semester. The people on the bus did not give up on the staring and it was getting worse. As from next semester, I will start going to school with the driver or I will convince my parents to buy me a car.

Wendy and I have Art this morning and to everyones surprise, Mrs. O'Neil came late to class. She seemed really excited, "You look really happy today, Mrs. O'Neil". I said smiling, "what's the big secret?" "I am not supposed to tell any student till lunch but you are my brightest student so I'll make an exception", she said, "The school is organizing an end of semester party for the students. Apparently, the students that participated in the decathlon brought home the prize". I was happy that she called me her brightest student but I was confused, "why are you happy then?" I asked, "Aren't teachers going to be forced to chaperone?" "That's the best part! There are no chaperones", she smiled wider, "and when you have students like Jay Mow and his gang for neighbors, you have to be glad when they disappear for a while". It sounded funny so I laughed with her.

Classes went smoothly and I got a note from Veins. I ran to the gym to meet him. "You seriously need to teach this vanishing trick". I said walking to him. "It's a talent. It cannot be taught", he said, moving closer, "I'm sorry I couldn't stay long on your birthday. That blonde girl is always spoiling my plans". "Wendy is my friend", I tipped his nose, "and what plans did you have in mind?" He whispered something nasty into my ears and he winks. "Don't say things like that!" I slapped his chest, playfully, "you are one nasty guy". "I was just kidding. You don't have to be so dramatic about it", he pushed me to a seat, "how have things been without me?"

I told him about the mission and the strange feeling I've been having about a war coming on. "You have to be careful of B.T for now", Veins said, worriedly, "This was exactly what happened when he sent me on that suicide mission. I don't want to lose you". "I will be careful. I promise", I kissed his cheek; "I have to go help Wendy with a play". "The blonde? I'm starting not to like her", he twitched his eyebrows, "and she's the only one between this love connections". I moved away and I said, "I have to go. I'm sorry and don't be a sad puppy without me".

I walked outside to find Wendy, "Are you ready to rehearse?" I asked as soon as I saw her, "what role are you playing?" "I'm playing the role of a mean girl in school", she said smiling, "and don't think about it". "I wasn't thinking about anything". I lied, looking at the script. "This play is a musical", I looked at Wendy, "I thought you couldn't sing". "I can't! I tried to tell Mrs. Morrison but she called me a chicken and she told me that I was just scared of performing in front of a large crowd", she said, "I don't know what to do but Mrs. Morrison is definitely the first teacher on my list of those I can't stand". "Your voice can't be that bad". I tried to cheer her up. She paused and she started singing if I can call it singing.

I stopped her, "I take back what I said. You're terrible at singing", I said, patting her shoulder, "but the play is a Spring Musicale. You have enough time to work on...that!" "Thanks a lot!" she smiled, "you're always here to help. I wish I could do the same for you". "Well, I am planning to go on a shopping spree this weekend", I smiled back, "and if I don't want to end up getting lost, I need your help". "I'm there", she smiled as we hugged, "and that reminds me. I'm going to send the address of the party to you. Good bye, Jane". "I guess I'll see you tomorrow, bye". I finally said as I walked outside to catch up with the bus.

Sorry for the late update but it's here now

This is just getting better and I can't wait for tomorrow

XOXO

Jojo Quinn