Chapter-16

This chap is written by SrijeetaBhowmick

Author's pov

Next day Aahil invited Azhar's parents to his house for dinner.

Aahil informed his mother about it. She was not at all happy with this,but to show her son,she acted as if she was happy.

They came for dinner. Amira greeted them and they all took a seat in the living room.

Azhar's parents asked Amira a few questions to know her more as she was going to marry her son.

Aahil was busy talking with Azhar but his eyes were searching for Sarah as he didn't see her there.

He excused himself and went to her room but halted his step seeing her who was sitting in front of the mirror and trying to wear an earring but couldn't wear it and mumbling something under her breath.

She was looking so beautiful that Aahil couldn't stop himself from looking at her. Seeing her talking to herself a chuckle escaped from his mouth which gained Sarah's attention.

She looked at him and narrowed her eyes and asked," What is here to laugh Mr.?"

Aahil stopped chuckling and told her ,"You are an unique piece you know...talking to your own self,who does that??"

"I do and now tell me why did you come here?" Sarah asked.

"Come outside ,everyone is there except you. So come and join us for dinner." With that Aahil smiled and left.

Sarah smiled to herself and went towards the dining room.

Everyone sat for dinner.

While having food, Amira choked her food and started coughing badly. Mrs Malik got up and started rubbing her back and said, "eat slowly...now I am here for you but who is going to take care of you after your Marriage? See here lots of maid can help you but in your husband's house you have to help yourself as there will be no maid."

Unknowingly she blurted out her true thoughts which made Azhar's parents embarrassed and Aahil fisted his hand in anger. Sarah frowned her eyebrows as she didn't like her comment.

Suddenly, a glass of water came in front of Amira and Amira looked up to her would-be husband standing with the glass .

Azhar made her drink the water and sat down.He was well aware of  Aahil's mother's behavior.He knew that she would do something to insult him and his parents.

"Maybe we don't have helpers in our house. But just like today I will always help and protect Amira from everything. She will be my wife and it's me who should take care of her,not any maid. " Azhar said .

Listening to him,Aahil understood his decision wasn't wrong.Azhar's parents looked at her with proud filled eyes. Sarah grinned at him.

Amira looked at him and smiled. Unknowingly her respect for him started to grow.

Few days later

Amira and Azhar decided to meet each other in a restaurant to talk but not alone. Aahil and Sarah accompany them.

"You're looking beautiful," Aahil said while driving

"huh?" Sarah said

"what? I complimented my sister, she is looking beautiful." Aahil said with a mental smirk

Sarah rolled her eyes with a huf and Amira tried to not laugh.

"bhai jaan she is also looking preety now don't ignore her and make feel she isn't looking pretty." Amira said