twenty-four.

if this chapter is sloppy, bear with me. i think the earthquake a while ago shOok me.

happy mother's day also to all those who are celebrating it!

---

it was currently six o'clock in the evening. shen wei and zhao yunlan were eating their dinner before going to the park. "you okay?" zhao yunlan asked "i am." shen wei smiled. on the other hand, yezun was eating silently. he thought about beating the shit out of his brother but of course he couldn't do that.

he was very overwhelmed by what happened last night. even though shen wei was the smartest among them, he still chose to do the things that were beyond yezun's limitation. disappointing, actually. yezun then checked the time on his phone. '6:24' it read. he wanted to go early so that he could get over the situation but at the same time he couldn't.

shen wei was constantly looking at his watch while zhao yunlan was washing the dishes. "are you done yet?" shen wei asked. "wait i'm still washong the glass." zhao yunlan replied "why are you impatient?" mumbled zhao yunlan "hey i heard you!" shen wei raised his voice. "what time is it?" zhao yunlan asked "about quarter to seven." shen wei replied. "hold up, i'll finish this up." zhao yunlan responded.

---

yezun had already arrived at the park earlier. he took a seat on a bench to breath into some fresh air.  "you're here early." a voice familiar said. yezun looked up "ah zhao yunlan." yezun stood up and sighed. zhao yunlan stood back in a distance not so far. "okay i'll be here." he said. shen wei felt his legs trembling. he was actually speechless.

it was silent for a minute. "so?" yezun broke the silence. shen wei inhaled deeply "didi, i'm so sorry." shen wei said as he moved closer to  yezun. he tried to hold back his tears. the air was thick between them. "w-why did you have to do that?" yezun asked as his voice broke "i didn't have a choice." shen wei replied. "but i hope you told me sooner." yezun couldn't hold his emotion thus, he broke down into tears.

the cold air traveled through shen wei's skin. he hated seeing his little brother cry. "why did you not tell me, wei ge?" yezun asked between his sobs "i didn't want you to think of me as someone dirty." shen wei said, still continuing to hold back his tears "you know i won't do that!" yezun raised his voice.

shen wei felt tears rolling down his cheeks. zhao yunlan felt his heart ache. he never experienced this kind of family matter. he felt how hurt yezun was in a way. seeing the twins fighting again was always the worst scene since there is a possibility that yezun may hurt someone. "i won't think of you in any way." yezun added "if you just told me sooner. i could've helped you." yezun said.

"i'm sorry. i really am." shen wei said sincerely. "what's worse you bargained our parent's body." yezun sobbed. shen wei just closes his eyes for about two seconds and breathed heavily. his tears fell rapidly "if i knew sooner then i would bring them back." yezun said. "yezun, i'm really sorry." shen wei said and held both of his shoulders. "i thought you were smart enough." yezun said. "but you had to do those dumb decisions for us to survive." yezun added.

the sound of their cries filled the empty part of the park. the wind still twirled around them "i'm sorry if ever i wasn't able to help." yezun looked down. shen wei cupped his little brother's soft face "didi, its not your fault." shen wei gave an assuring smile as his tears still continued to fall down. "anything i've done in the past is not your fault." he added. "i swear if you didn't tell me sooner i could've helped you!" yezun said as his tears rapidly fell. 

shen wei quickly pulled him into a hug. yezun muffled cries were heard. zhao yunlan came closer to them and he patted yezun on the back to add moral support. yezun quickly pulled away from the hug. "silly didi." shen wei giggled. yezun then cracked a smile. "fine i forgive you already." he smiled and quickly wiped his tears away. "well that was emotional." zhao yunlan said. "anyways, i'm glad you guys are okay." he smiled.

"if you have any plans on marrying my wei ge, go and take care of him." yezun said "i will." zhao yunlan gave a reassuring smile. "i think i have to go ahead." yezun said "okay.. you take care, didi." shen wei smiled and gave him a quick hug "i will. see you then." yezun said then took off. 

once yezun left shen wei looked at zhao yunlan "i want to go on a walk." he said "okay sure." zhao yunlan smiled. they were walking in the dim path of the park. the breeze was perfectly chilly "do you really plan to marry me?" shen wei asked as they walk hand in hand "yeah of course!" zhao yunlan said happily. "are you sure?" shen wei asked "yeah." zhao yunlan replied.

"are you doubting our relationship?" zhao yunlan asked. shen wei sighed in reply "not really.." he said "shen wei,  if you think i'm gonna leave you, i'm not." zhao yunlan said "but you're serious on marrying me?" shen wei asked "yes!" zhao yunlan exclaimed "what do you think? i'm joking?" zhao yunlan said with a slight sarcastic tone. shen wei just rolled his eyes at him.

zhao yunlan just looked at him as they walk "do you want to say something?" shen wei asked "no. just admiring your face." zhao yunlan smirked. "you did pretty great talking to your brother out there." zhao yunlan added "really?" shen wei looked at him "i would kill myself if you guys hold grudges against each other." zhao yunlan said. shen wei chuckled "i will never hold a grudge against him." shen wei smiled. "you guys are  siblings after all." zhao yunlan replied.

"it's good to see you in good terms again." zhao yunlan smiled.

shen wei smiled back "i know."