six

"I found something on my Mom's closet yesterday." Catelyn told Abbie, closing the book of poems as she finished reading.

"What did you find?"Abbie asked, getting the book from Catelyn's hand and putting it on her study table.

"Poems." Catelyn answered as she had the thought of getting the bunch of letters that she found on her Mom's closet. "A lot of poems. It is addressed to her." Catelyn added.

"Well, it must be from your father."

"No, Abbie. My father's initial isn't an 'A'"

"Maybe it's from her admirers?"

"I guess." Catelyn sighed, giving Abbie the opportunity to read the poems.

"This penmanship is really familiar. I see it was from the 89's" Abbie told Catelyn, flipping through the pages of the poems. "Not going to lie but, these poems are really really good. They must be in love. He must be in love with your mom." Abbie added.

"I wonder what happened."

"What do you mean, Cates?"

"To them. I wonder what happened to them and to their story."

"I don't know. I think your mom loved this man. She won't keep these if she didn't."

"I guess, Abbie. Hey what if I'll just use those poems? Professor won't know."

"Are you dumb? What if she'll find out?"

"No, Abbie. She won't. And it would be a less hustle on my part. I don't have to write stupid poems for Professor."

"Whatever you say, Catelyn. But you better be careful of not getting caught."

"Of course." Catelyn smiled.

Catelyn picked the best poem that she had read on her Mom's closet. The night was not so dark yet; Abbie and Catelyn made dinner together. Not really knowing what to cook, they picked random spices. They watched a movie as well. They didn't mind the ticking of the clock the signifies the darkness shade of the night.

It was the best day of Catelyn. She treasured every second that she had spent on with Abbie. When she is with Abbie, she knew exactly what happiness is. Abbie makes her feel better. Abbie became her home. On the second thought, she didn't know what's happening inside her lungs. She became nervous, knowing she might be falling for Abbie. She didn't mind it anyway; telling herself that Abbie is the best friend that she has.

It was ten o'clock when Abbie decided to go home but she made sure to leave Catelyn with a happy heart.

"Text me if you can't sleep." Abbie said, upon pushing through the door. "and don't sleep with a heavy heart!" She added, leaving a grinning mark on Catelyn's face.

"I won't. I promise."

"Good bye Carnation. See you tomorrow."

Tomorrow did come. A new morning to have new responsibilities and of course, moments to live in. Catelyn woke up in full of awe knowing she would be in a space with Abbie. She rode her way to the school in her bike, quite excited actually.

The first thing she saw was Abbie, waving at her, greeting her with the bubbliest smile.

"Good morning, Cates! How did you sleep?"

Catelyn hugged Abbie saying, "Good morning! It was great!" She then realised that she was hugging Abbie and not really knowing why she did such thing. Nonetheless she let go. She thought it would be awkward for a moment, but Abbie grabbed her back and gave her a hug.

"I missed you!" Abbie said as she was letting go from the hug she gave Catelyn.

"You did?" Catelyn said. Her heart was happy when she heard it. "I missed you too!" she added.

The two spent hours and hours in class. Catelyn couldn't stop herself from staring into Abbie's perfection. She thought it was just a normal way of admiring her, but something inside her is building up for Abbie. Catelyn continued to stare at Abbie; she's having a nervous wreck. She played with her pen nervously. Abbie smiled at her. The smile that could make her smile as well. The smile that she wouldn't want to lose. The smile that would make her strive harder and do anything to witness it every moment. The smile that's making her crazy. And in that moment she knew there's is something. Something that she couldn't explain. She stopped for a bit to question herself. A sudden flashback of her meeting Abbie for the first time occured to her. She questioned herself and thought "Am I in Love?"

But she didn't want to think it that way. Rather than letting herself be with the thought of her actual falling in love with Abbie, she thought it's just a normal feeling to have when you're friends with someone. But Abbie isn't just a someone in particular.

"Catelyn! Catelyn!" a voice bothered Catelyn, she realised it was Professor Ann, trying to call her attention. She then departed from her thoughts.

"Yes Professor?" Catelyn asked, not knowing of what's happening. The class laughed.

Later on, Catelyn went to Professor Ann's office and decided to pursue her plan of giving the poem she found as her product.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I promise I will
pay attention to your lessons next time." Catelyn said as she was getting the paper where she wrote the poem. "By the way, here's the poem that you told us to do. I hope that's okay and enough."

Professor Ann accepted the paper. The moment she read the poem, everything around her stopped. Catelyn was about to leave her office.

"Catelyn." Professor Ann said in a low voice. "Where did you get this?"

Catelyn was startled. She didn't know why Professor Ann asked. She didn't know what to do or what to say. She's showing an obvious lying face.

"I made it." She said with full confidence but her voice trembled a little.

"Tell me the truth. I won't get mad." Professor Ann said.

"I stole them from my Mom's closet."

"I know." Professor Ann said. "I gave this to your mom when we were together."

Catelyn was shocked. She didn't know what to say, again. She looked at her Professor with a confused face.

"That can't be. How?" Catelyn said.

"You want to know how?"