twelve

Catelyn took a moment and sighed. She isn't sure if she will tell Abbie the reason of her Mom's sudden death.

"I'm not sure if I can share it to you." Catelyn told Abbie, as she sat on the edge of her bed trying not to put on a sad face.

"It's okay. I understand." Abbie answered. She sat beside Catelyn, laying her head on Catelyn's shoulder and putting her hand on Catelyn's.

"I have an idea" Abbie excitedly got up, trying to find an instrument; a ukulele to be exact. "Sit back." She said, smiling.

Catelyn has no idea what Abbie is going to do, but she knew it is something extravagant to think of.

It was a cold and cozy night, the moon shone upon the stars in the deepest shade of the heavens above. The night insects did its work. Silence is present in Catelyn's room; not until Abbie started to strum the strings of her instrument.

"The other night dear, as I lay sleeping..."

Abbie started to sing. Catelyn adored her even more. She's focused on how Abbie put on an effort of singing her a beautiful song. As Abbie was singing, Catelyn's eyes laid still into her. She gave Abbie a sweet smile.

"... I dreamt I held you in my arms..."

Abbie continued. Catelyn thought of an angel as she heard the mystic voice of Abbie. It was one of her favorite moments. All she did was adore her, her voice, and her alone.

"... when I awoke dear, I was mistaken; so I hung my head and I cried..."

"... you are my sunshine, my only sunshine..."

"... you make me happy when the skies are gray..."

"...you'll never know dear how much I love you..."

It was in that moment; Catelyn felt amazing. She couldn't stop herself and she got out of bed and started to walk towards Abbie.

"...please don't take my sunshine away."

Abbie paused and smiled. Catelyn was in front of her, staring directly through her eyes.

"... I'll always love you, and make you happy..."

Catelyn continued singing the song as she placed her hand on Abbie's hair, stroking it softly.

"...and nothing else could come between..."

"...but if you leave me to love another, you have shattered all of my dreams."

Both of them stopped for a moment and exchanged smiles.

"... you are my sunshine..."

Catelyn sang, placing her head down, and looking up back to Abbie singing

"...my only sunshine..."

Abbie continued the line, giving Catelyn another smile.

"...you make me happy when the skies are gray..."

Catelyn's eyes were in love. Her eyes smiled as she glared to Abbie's face; still singing the song.

"...you'll never know dear, how much I love you..."

Abbie paused, looking directly through Catelyn's eyes.

"...please don't take my sunshine away."

Both of them finished the song. Both of them couldn't get their eyes off each other either. Catelyn proceeded to give Abbie a hug. Abbie put the ukulele on Catelyn's bed to hug Catelyn back.

The room was full of nothing but a wonderful aroma of a positive energy. For a moment, Catelyn forgot all of her thoughts. Abbie did, as well. They spent the whole night singing songs to each other.

"Thank you, Abbie. For always being there for me. I've never felt as happy as now." Catelyn said, giving Abbie a look of love with her eyes; and a smile.

"I'm always here for you, Cates. Always will be here for you. No matter what it takes." Abbie answered. "No matter what it takes, sunshine." she continued.

"So I'm your sunshine now? I thought I'm your Carnation or whatever." Catelyn teased.

"Red."

"What red?"

"Nothing, Catelyn."

"Whatever you say, dummy."

"Can I tell you something, Abbie?"

"Sure Cates, what is it?"

"I think I'm in love."

"With who?"

"I'd rather not say Abbie."

"Better be not me." Abbie said.

"That's actually cool, Catelyn. I'm in love too."

"With who?"

"I'd rather not say, Catelyn."

The thought of Abbie singing is forever will be stamped on Catelyn's heart. She knew she is in love. On the second thought, she knew it was wrong. She kept her feelings thinking Abbie would think differently. But now, she no longer ask about her feelings. All she knew that it was, all will be, real for Abbie.