sixteen

"S-sure. Anything for you, Abbie." Catelyn felt down. She couldn't resist Abbie's request. The moment she heard that Lucas is Abbie's happiness, she couldn't think for a while. Her mind went blank. She didn't even realised that she said yes to Abbie's request; and didn't even know who Lucas is.

"You'll do it for me? For real?"

"Yes. Now tell me who is this Lucas."

"Well Lucas is the perfect guy."

"I mean, tell me his features, I don't know him."

"Oh, he's got these curly long hair; his eyes are quite blue as well, his lips look just like yours and he's got broad shoulders and some nice body build."

"That's a lot. Tell me what stuffs that he likes."

"Oh a lot. Sports, books and some tea."

"That's a lot."

"Also, Lucas likes to be friends with literally anyone that vibes with him. We should plan something out."

"That's cool, Abbie. But I got another idea."

"Really? What?"

"You know, I can't really be that instantly close with Lucas so I need you to think of that one thing that he really likes."

"Well, Cates, he likes flowers a lot."

"I see. I got a plan."

"Tell me about it."

"I'll pretend as a florist and send him flowers with letters on it, and I'll write your name."

"I like the idea but don't include my name; you know, he hates me now."

"So who's name are we going to write?"

"Yours, duh! Catelyn, that could really work out. You should start giving him flowers- And we are here in my house. Catelyn, thank you."

"You're welcome, Abbie."

Catelyn asked herself what just happened. The plan was only for Abbie to see her favorite place and now she's going to help Abbie get back with someone else. A lot of thoughts ran to her mind as she walked in a cold night. It was late when she got home and decided to think that everything is going to be fine. She went directly to her bedroom with an expressionless face. She lay down for a moment, thinking of what she did. She knew this will just make her heart break even more but she didn't care; as long as Abbie is happy, so is she.

Catelyn stared on the ceiling for a moment and when her tears started to fall, someone knocked on her door. She knew it was her stepmother. She wiped her tears away and calmed herself. She opened the door and there she saw her stepmother bringing a bunch of goods for her to eat.

"What's wrong?" Her stepmother asked, putting the goods beside Catelyn.

"Nothing. I'm fine, I really am." Catelyn replied as she reached the glass of water.

"I can tell that you're not. Come on, Catelyn; I'm your mom as well. You can tell me anything."

"It's a girl."

"You're pregnant?"

"No! It's about a girl."

"You got into a fight with a girl?"

"No. I'm in love with a girl."

"Oh." Her stepmother sighed and sat down beside Catelyn.

"Did you confess your love?"

"I haven't. She's in love with someone else."

"Oh. Are you sure that it's love? Is that what really you are feeling?"

"Yes. I knew it on the first time I saw her."

"You know, Catelyn, sometimes, our happiness can also be the reason for our sadness."

"But, why?"

"You can't ask why. It's fate. Sometimes it's on our side, sometimes it's not. Not unless you create your own fate."

"I can't, it's hard."

"Yes you can. If you want to take the risk, go for it. Love is an unstoppable force. You can't just tell it to go away. Time will fade but that love isn't."

"I told you, she's in love with someone else."

"Oh Catey, I don't know what to say. I know that your heart is broken. You know, don't let love fool you or make you a fool."

"It already did."