eight

Professor Ann started crying even more. Catelyn's hug wasn't enough to comfort her past. Love is crazy; Catelyn thought. Pain is evident in the room. The afternoon sun sunk, giving a complete shade of a beautiful sunset that can be seen on the side of the office. A chirping bird passed through it. The shadow of the trees and the freshness of the pond below is visible- shining through the remaining rays of the sun. Inside was the complete opposite. The sadness of the past rang once again to Professor Ann.

"I tried my best to hide my jealousy. I know she's still in love with me. But seeing her kissing him in front a lot of people broke me into a thousand of pieces. But what can I do? Nothing."

Catelyn gave Professor Ann a hug. She comforted her. Catelyn wanted to make Professor Ann's pain go away.

"I kept on sending her letters and making her the theme of my poems. I didn't actually thought that she's going to keep them. We still see each other, and I was quite contented. I promiseD her that I will not leave her side, I forever will be waiting for her. And if once again, fate isn't in our favor, I promised her that she's the only woman that I will love. Not until one day, I completely lost everything. Fate had gone mad...."

Catelyn got back to her seat. She offered Professor Ann a glass of water. She thought that any moment, these words will make her cry as well. She didn't want to hear anything anymore. It ached her heart seeing and hearing Professor Ann's confessions. She wanted to emit a positive vibe inside, but she couldn't.

"...she told me she's pregnant with you. I was so mad. It got me thinking about me completely being out of Charlotte's life. Then again, what can I do? Nothing."

"I'm sorry, Professor. I don't know what exact words to say to you right now. But, I hope that one day you'll find love."

Professor Ann chuckled. "Love is dead since she died, Catelyn." she said.

"You know that she's dead? But I didn't see you in her funeral." Catelyn said.

"I don't have to be there Catelyn. The moment that your world will turn gray, even you're in the middle of being happy, once everything around you is gray, you'll know that your soulmate died."

Catelyn was shocked. Professor Ann called her Mother her soulmate.

"Charlotte is my soulmate. I still remember the time when she's wearing that red dress while dancing with me."

"Professor, I wasn't expecting this. I am really really sorry. I should've not asked."

"And you shouldn't use my poems and pass it back to me, Catelyn."

"I'm sorry, Professor."

Catelyn waved good bye to her Professor with the regret of asking about her and her mom's story. She couldn't believe what story she just heard.