thirty-six

Another day came, just like the normal ones. Catelyn sat on her sofa peacefully. The air felt thick. The scent of the coffee continued to walk its aroma around the four-cornered room. Everything felt nice for Catelyn. She drank her coffee but it tasted cold. It was then when she realised she's been spending a lot of hours typing on her laptop. She looked at the time by her mobile phone and continued to give her undivided attention to her gadget. She decided to give her self some time alone before doing another plan to pursue Lucas. She stretched and felt relaxed, like she was a girl that's unburdened.

Catelyn heard a sudden knock on her door. She turned her head to face the door yet she decided not to go for it for a moment. The knocking continued.

"Catelyn!"

She got up from her seat unwillingly, not knowing who it was. She opened the door and found Abbie.

"Hey, what brings you here?" Catelyn asked.

"Nothing important, just wanted to say sorry." Abbie said in a low voice.

"For what?"

"For making things difficult."

"What do you mean?"

"I know I'm stupid for asking you to help me get back with Lucas again.. and I'm sorry if things are making life harder for you. I know you do not want to hang with people and stuff."

"Hey, Abbie, we're good. Nothing to be sorry about. And it was my decision to help you and say yes to our plan."

"I'm really really sorry."

Catelyn hugged Abbie.

"I told you there's nothing to be sorry about. I'll always make you happy."

"Thank you."

"Wanna go on a drive?" Catelyn asked.

"A drive?"

"Yes. A drive."

"But, it's getting late.."

"A night drive then."

"Okay... do we have a car?"

"Don't worry I'll use my Dad's."

"Can you drive, though?" Abbie asked, laughing.

"Do you trust me?" Catelyn winked.

"Well, yes, I do." Abbie said.

"Well, let's go." Catelyn smiled.

The starry night above their head was a perfect scenery to match their car and everything below. As Catelyn was driving, Abbie opened the side window, looking above the skies. She smiled, as she also noticed the city lights before her eyes. She looked at Catelyn and decided to rest her head to Catelyn's shoulder.

"Where are we going...?" Abbie asked.

"Remember when I told you that seeing sunsets are my second favorite place to be?"

"Yes.. and why?"

"Now I'm taking you to my first favorite place."

"Really?"

"Although I'm always been there."

"And you never told me?"

"But now I'm taking you."

"Whatever, Cates."

Abbie laughed. They continued to chat while admiring the view. Minutes passed.

"And here we are!" Catelyn exclaimed.

"I always knew it's here!" Abbie laughed.

"No you didn't!" Catelyn giggled.

"For a vanilla lover, I must disagree."

"A strawberry lover must agree."

"Whatever you say Catelyn!"