eighteen

Catelyn rushed towards the gate and opened it with a smiling face. It was Abbie. Catelyn felt happy seeing her though she had just a talk with her father about her feelings and everything. She tried not to give a smile; but she couldn't resist. Now that's Abbie is here, Catelyn's mind is between thinking of letting herself give in to Abbie; or she's letting go of her feelings thinking it would help her. In the end, she thought of nothing and gave Abbie a smile.

"Hey sunshine! How are you feeling? I didn't see you in school today. I was quite worried about you, you seemed fine the last night I saw you; and I brought you this, cookies! I don't really know if you like cookies but I put some yellow ribbon around the box of it." Abbie greeted her, handling the box of cookies and giving her a hug. "I missed you!"

"Hey Abbie! I didn't expect that you'll visit me. And thanks for the cookies, I appreciate it." As she hugged Abbie back.

"Just wanted to check you." Abbie winked.

"Come, come inside."

Catelyn's heart felt happy. She hid it. She acted like she's really sick to make it more realistic. She held Abbie's hand and guided her inside their home.

Both of them sat in the sofa making themselves comfortable.

"So.. Cates..."

"Yes, Abbie?"

"About Lucas..."

Lucas. Catelyn sighed for a second. She remembered the first time her heart got broken. She didn't mind it, telling herself not to make a sad face in front of Abbie.

"What about him?"

"Our plan. You know!"

The plan. The plan she didn't know why she said yes to.

"Oh, yeah. Right. I quite forgot about it actually.. so what's the plan?"

"Send him some Lily. This one movie I saw told me that this flower means 'I dare you to love me'"

"You're crazy, Abbie. He doesn't even know me."

"So what? Just do it. Pretty please?"

"Fine. Whatever makes you happy."

"Don't forget to leave a letter!"

"Yes, princess."

"You're the best, Catelyn! And I should get going, I had to do something. Feel better, okay?"

"Yeah, thanks!"

Catelyn waved good bye to Abbie. Abbie had a big grin on her face and headed to where she is going. Catelyn painted a sad face and took a deep breath. She remained silent for a few moments as she closed the gates. She thought that she's the one who's making her heart break even more. But she can't do anything about it now that she already said yes to their plan and taking back what she said would create a chaos between her and Abbie.

She got herself some Lily the next day as what Abbie told her and started to find a piece of paper. She sighed as she wrote:

"Dear Lucas: Hey, I know we don't know each other but I want to be friends with you. Have some Lily - C"

As she was writing on the small piece of paper, her Dad called her.

"Catelyn, there is something that I need to give to you."

She stopped for a moment and went directly to where her father was, leaving the paper and flower on her desk beside her bed.

"What is it?"