thirty-seven

Going to her favorite Ice Cream Place has always been an adventure for Catelyn. She took Abbie inside the cold-themed store, holding Abbie's hand. They searched for an empty seat and luckily found one table for two. They settled down and picked orders of their favorite flavors. Moments later, their ice cream was served.

"The Ice Cream store, really." Abbie laughed.

"Where else? Everywhere is my favorite place as long as you are beside me." Catelyn said in a low voice.

"What?"

"I said finish your Ice Cream, Ma'am."

"If you say so." Abbie giggled.

"Hey Abbie why don't we go somewhere after this?"

"To where?"

"I don't know.. maybe we can pick some dresses for the prom night thing you know."

"That's a great idea!"

"I know!"

They went to the nearest Clothing Store as planned.

"I must confess I don't know a thing about fashion." Catelyn laughed.

"You're prim and proper you must be kidding." Abbie said.

"I'm not!"

"Oh shut up and let me help you." Abbie giggled.

The place can be seen as a box of multi-glittered clothing pieces. Everything was perfect, from the shiny silk and satin to the thickest leather available. Catelyn and Abbie wandered enough to be in the corner where dresses are evident. They tried to find the ones with Gray and Red.

"Oh I think this will look good on you!" Abbie said, handling Catelyn the dress that she picked. It was a grayish dress made out of soft satin fabric that's long and loose, backless one and long enough to reach her ankles.

"I don't think so! Those are too sexy!" Catelyn said, trying to put back the dress on its place.

"Oh come on, Catelyn, just try this!"

"Fine!"

"Try them on!"

"I will!"

"Yay!"

Catelyn entered the fitting room, making Abbie wait outside. She unwillingly put the dress on, seeing herself in the mirror. As she finished what she was doing, she looked at her final look through the reflection and fixed her hair, trying to look nice.

She sighed and decided to go out the room. It was quite hot inside, as well.

As she was going out, Abbie was busy finding another dress.

"Well, what do you think?" Catelyn asked, nervously walking and breathing.

Abbie paused for a moment. Her eyes laid still to Catelyn's appearance.

"Oh my God! You look so perfect!" Abbie said, smiling as she walk towards Catelyn.

"You think so?" Catelyn giggled.

"Yes! Of course! Look at you!" Abbie said.

"Thank you! Should I get these? Or should I try on another?"

"Oh honey you look good in everything. You're pretty so it doesn't matter at all. Take it."

"Okay then, I will." Catelyn said. "How about yours? Let's pick yours."

"Oh I already have an eye on this dress. Look how cute it is!" Abbie exclaimed, pointing out the hot red dress, quite similar as Catelyn's but it was made of shiny and glittering fabric.

"They're pretty nice too! You should try them!"

"I will! Wait for me here."

"Okay, whatever. Just go get dressed."

A few moments passed. Abbie was fully dressed up. Catelyn waited outside. As Abbie walked out the door, Catelyn's eyes were forever blinded by her perfection. Not only that she's pretty wearing that dress; but it was the moment when everything stopped for a moment, making Catelyn was perfectly lost in Abbie's appearance.

"Wow.." Catelyn uttered. "You look beautiful, as always." She smiled.

Catelyn stared a little long. Abbie smiled at her.

"I'm pretty, I know." Abbie said, showing Catelyn the full look.

"Duh, you are!" Catelyn said.

"Thank you." Abbie smiled.

Both of them bought their first picks. Going home, Catelyn drove as Abbie was still busy talking about random things beside her.

"Oh Catelyn, seems like someone sent you a message." Abbie said, noticing Catelyn's phone.

"Really? Who?"

"From Lucas. He texted some address and time."

"To where?"

"I don't really know, I'm not familiar with this place."

"Really? Let me see."

"You're driving, check it later. And by the way are you two doing something?"