fifteen

"My favorite place..." Catelyn said as she looked at Abbie's eyes.

"... is anywhere beside you." That's what she's going to say. But she remembered how Abbie confessed her love to someone else. She promised herself not to tell anything to Abbie; or to anyone. She couldn't think of another place to lie.

"My old cottage. It brings me peace." she continued, smiling at Abbie.

"Mine is everywhere that there's pink in it. I'm a pink person." Abbie told Catelyn, keeping her hand to her pocket. "That's why I'm amazed that you took me here and I wasn't expecting to see those pink skies above my head."

"I didn't know you were a pink person."

"Now you do. How about you? What's your favorite colour?"

"I always loved yellow. Or gray, whatever."

"You're red."

"Why do you keep on saying red? Is there something I need to know?"

"I'm glad you forgot."

"About what?"

"Nothing, Catelyn. It's getting dark here, let's get going. I just had my best day."

"You locked us up in that room earlier, remember? And you call it a best day."

"Well, I saw the pink clouds with my best friend. Still the best day for me."

Best friend. A big slap to Catelyn's feelings. However, she's glad to be considered as her soulmate's best friend. Catelyn smiled. She walked away, leaving Abbie a few steps behind her. Abbie walked a bit faster to get to see Catelyn. They walked on the same speed together. The only trace of light was the moon and the stars above. The wind became cold, brushing through their skin.

"Here, wear my jacket." Catelyn offered. "Take it so you won't get cold." she continued.

"But, how about you? You'll get cold as well."

"Don't worry about me, I'm your sunshine remember? And I love the cold; we're friends."

"You're the best."

"I wish I am."

They continued to walk down the road. Silent if you may ask, but Catelyn has a hundred of words to say that she couldn't. She don't want to lose Abbie by just confessing. It's hard, she knows. But it left her no choice to be silent about what she really feels. She don't want it to become a reason of a random misunderstanding.

Even if it's breaking her inside, she kept it.

"Hey, Catelyn, you should go home."

"I'll walk you home Abbie, to know that you're safe. I'm fine, I promise."

"That's a sweet thing to do."

They continued walking. Abbie looked uneasy like she wanted to tell Catelyn something-and she did.

"Hey Catelyn.." she said as Catelyn turned her head to face Abbie.

"Yes?" Catelyn replied.

"Can you do me a favor?"

"What favor?"

"You know, I really really wanna get back with Lucas."

"Oh."

"But I couldn't!"

"Why?"

"I don't know, I just think of something."

"What?"

"A plan."

"What plan?"

"You know Catelyn, you can help me get back with Lucas."

"Me? Help you get back with Lucas?"

"Yes! Be my spy! Like, you can be friends with him and tell me everything I need to know for me to be able to get back with him."

"Abbie, are you going crazy?"

"No, I just wanted to be with him. That would make me happy. He's my everything, Catelyn." Abbie sounded serious. Catelyn was secretly breaking inside. She didn't know how to react.

"Will you help me? Please?"