thirty-nine

Catelyn woke up to a messy surrounding. She got up quickly and got dizzy, putting a palm to her face. She started to clean what surrounds her; the random red cups that smelled beer, some plates that's been everywhere, the bottles of beer, and the rolls of tissues. She went directly to where the garbage bin was located. When she got back, she noticed a piece of crumpled paper. She was about to throw it but decided to open it for it was a familiar one. As she was opening the paper, she realized it was where she wrote her feelings for Abbie. She folded it back and hid it to her pocket only to see Abbie sleeping on the sofa. She didn't exactly remember what happened that night, except for the part that she's cooking chicken nuggets and decided to play the 'Never Have I Ever' game with Abbie.

"Hey, Abbie, wake up!"

"What time is it?"

"10 o'clock."

"What? We are late for class!"

"Class? It's a Sunday today."

"Oh lucky us. What happened?"

"Don't ask me I literally forgot everything."

"Me neither."

"You sure you forgot everything?"

"Yes I'm pretty sure."

"Like literally anything?"

"Well I remember when you took me to the ice cream store, we went shopping, you cooked nuggets and we played a game and you went upstairs to get something that I couldn't remember."

"What something?"

"I don't know a piece of paper, I guess."

"What paper?"

"I don't really know, Catelyn. But I'm pretty sure I was able to read what's written in there. But my memory's pretty blurry I couldn't remember anything."

"Are you sure?"

"A hundred percent."

"Oh, okay. Shall I take you home?"

"Please do."

Catelyn noticed a bunch of text from Lucas. It was an address. After dropping Abbie off, she went directly to where the address was although she felt uneasy.

She got there, safe and sound.

The place was pretty silent; no trace of chaotic tune. It was full of trees and bushes. The sun's ray hit directly to the wishing well in the middle of the place, making it glittering and visually crystal. The chirping of the birds were there, too. She felt relieved, trying to find Lucas everywhere. As she walked, she noticed it was the place where she and Lucas first met. The swing was there where she remembered a couple playing; the lights were off but she can still visualize it through her memory.

She texted Lucas to let him know she was already there.

She noticed a slow smooth jazz playing. She followed the tune, not really sure where she was going. She continued to follow it, not minding where it would take her.

As she was getting closer to where the music was, she already knew what it is for upon seeing the petals making a path for her to see Lucas.

There she found Lucas. She didn't know what's happening and decided just to play along and not jump into conclusions.

Lucas saw her. He walked directly towards Catelyn.

"May I have this dance?" Lucas asked.

Catelyn was confused to what's happening at the moment.

"Okay.." she answered.

They proceeded to dance in the tune of jazz.

Moments later, Lucas knelt to the ground.

"What are you doing?" Catelyn asked.

"Catelyn, will you be my date for tomorrow's prom?" Lucas said with all of his courage to do so.

"Your date? Are you kidding?" Catelyn laughed.

"I'm serious."

"Hey, look, why won't you get up first, okay.."

"So, are you going to be my prom date for tomorrow?"

"Lucas, look I don't know why you are doing this but.."

"Catelyn, I'm in love with you."

"What do you mean?"

"From the moment I saw you. I knew it was love."

"Lucas, you must be kidding."

"I'm not. I'm in love with you Catelyn."

Catelyn sighed.

"I knew you two are a thing now!" Abbie said from behind, a few meters away.

"Abbie?" Catelyn faced her. "What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean what am I doing here? I followed you, Catelyn!"

Lucas was silent.

"Hey it's not what you think!" Catelyn said.

"Really? What is it then?"

"Look here, Abbie. Lucas and I are planning something for you."

"What?" Lucas whispered.

"Just play along!" Catelyn told him.

"What plan?" Abbie said.