twenty-two

"I saw you two. He walked you to class."
Abbie said, trying not to look at Catelyn's eyes.

"That doesn't mean I'm going to catch feelings for him, Abbie." Catelyn said.

"Better be in that way."

"Why do you sound so jealous? You're the one who wanted me to be friends with him in the first place."

"Spy. Just a spy."

"Alright, I'm sorry. Jesus Christ. I kinda regret saying yes to this stupid plan of yours."

"Our plan isn't stupid, Catelyn!"

Catelyn spent her day thinking about all that's been happening in her life at the moment. She's almost done with everything, but she remembered about not giving up to see Abbie smile every time. Catelyn and Abbie, went home together; the usual routine.

"I'm sorry for earlier." Abbie said, looking down.

"It's okay, Abbie." Catelyn stopped walking and gave Abbie's shoulder a gentle pat.

"It's just like.. that time of the month."

"Oh, I see." Catelyn laughed. "Wanna go somewhere?"

"Sure. Where?"

"Just go with me!"

"Whatever!"

Catelyn and Abbie's moments echoed the tune of the night. They happily walked down the road, teasing each other whilst laughing. Catelyn thought it was another day of her witnessing the most precious laugh and smile.

"And here we are, Abbie!"

"This place is really spooky."

"Spooky? This is just an ice cream place."

"I know! How many times have we been here?"

"A lot, I must say."

"For a vanilla lover I have to agree."

"Shut up, strawberry person."

"Wanna go to another place?"

"What?"

"After finishing this ice cream of course."

"Catelyn, you're crazy."

"I know!" Catelyn laughed. "There's a little carnival fair thing just a mile away. Let's go there."

"But it's late..."

"Who cares? Come onnnn!"

"Okay, then!"

It was a moonless night that was dark enough for the night beasts to rest. The sky was dotted with a pinch of stars that shines from above. They walked through the long road and a few moments later, the entrance of the Carnival is visible to their eyes. Holding hands, they entered the door of bright sunshine of a thousand lights. People were in queues not really waiting patiently for their turn of their chosen rides and stalls. Children's noises are everywhere, just like the raging roar of a random mascots. A man tried to get his luck trying to win the dart game; endless shouts were heard from the ride above them. Catelyn and Abbie went from stall to stall, and a random child stumbled upon Catelyn.

"I'm sorry!" the child said, running her way to the stall of big Teddy Bears.

"Cates, wanna go to there?" Abbie pointed.

"Food stall? We just ate a few minutes ago..."

"Please? I just want cotton candy..."

"Fine.."

The two tried every ride and every game. Fate was on their side and they always win.

"Thank you for this night, Cates."

"All for you."

"It's my Father's death anniversary today."

"Oh... I'm sorry..."

"Don't be. You made me happy."

"Explains why you are being a bitch to me earlier..."

"And also it's that time of the month."

"That explains a lot."

Catelyn rested her head on Abbie's shoulder. Abbie was holding the big pink teddy bear that they won from the game earlier.

"Couldn't be more thankful than having you near me, Catelyn."

"I'm thankful for you, too."

"I love you, Cates!"

"I-I love you too..."

"You're the bestest friend in the world!"

"No, you are!"

"Oh shut up, Catelyn."

The two lost theirselves upon stargazing with thier naked eyes.

"Abbie..."

"Yes?"

"I have something to tell you."

"Tell me."

"But I'm afraid."

"Why? You can tell me anything."

"I can't..."

"But I bet it's important so... spill it."

"I've been keeping this for so long.."

"Just tell me what is it."

"I-.."

"You? You're?"

"I'm in lo-.."

Before Catelyn could finish her confession, someone behind them caught their attention.

"It's good to see you here, Catelyn!"