Chapter 14

I woke up with a heavy head and a loud ringtone from my phone, it wasn't my alarm but my mama calling me.

"Hello, Jeane? " she asked and her voice sounded heavy and worried.

"Mama unsang problema? " (is something the matter?  Or what's the problem?)

"Imong igsuon kay nagkasakit og pneumonia. Kailangan ko og kwarta pero maulaw nako mangayo sa imong tita. " (your sibling got sick with pneunomia and we needed money but I'm embarrassed to asked from your aunt.)

"O sige mama,  naka save man ko og kwarta. Dako dako man sad, I'll send it to you okay. Don't worry about it. " I calmly told her.

"Sige anak, salamat. Amping dira permi. " (Alright my child,  thank you. Take care as always there okay.) 

I wiped my tears and told her that I missed her which she also told me that the family also missed me greatly. I ended the call with good bye and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was all over the place!  When I looked at the time it was already past lunch time!  I scurriedly changed clothes, used the bathroom and ran over down stairs.

Javier was startled that I basically almost jumped on loudly at the tiled floor.

"Sorry I gotta go now! " I told him while carrying my bags. He catch up to me saying where I was going and I told him I needed to ride the bus and deliver money to my mother.

He told me that Mrs. Cumberbatch gave me a day off cause I was clearly still wasted. He drove me up to the place and waited for me until I was done. I didn't really needed the money but I know my mother needed more.

"Is everything okay? " he asked as he drove me home.

"No... It's gone worse. I think I need to find another part time job." My head down and pride low.

He sighed and asked me to give my phone to me as he typed out his number.

"Well consider yourself hired,  you'll work for me until the weekend. I haven't done a lot of homework and projects so you have to make them for me. The teachers are poking on me and I don't want nana to find out. " then took down a list from his Jean's pocket,  giving it to me.

He pulled out his wallet and gave me so much money than I should receive.

"It's too much! " it was clearly triple or I don't know and if I divided it then it should be five different partial jobs at one day can make.

"You'll need supplies, bus tickets and snacks as well. " he smirked and left.

"What the fuck was wrong with him? " I asked myself. He's like  two different persons every hour.  A major jerk then later on a total sweet heart but I shouldn't be attached to him. That guy would kill me!

I should be thankful though, at least I have more money now though I'm going to divide them over for his projects and for my family.

I didn't bother to go to school today since I was already late plus, that jerk had a lot of homework to do! 

It's Wednesday today, doing all of his homework can take about two days to complete as for his projects I can snap them until the week end.

I didn't go to school for the remaining week days as I made Javier's paper work,  I also reviewed as well. Every night I would sulk for an hour and then proceed to preoccupied myself. I almost didn't had sleep as I tried to catch up to everything I should be learning than doing the research. Luckily Javier's homeworks correlated to that.

He was like my lucky clover or that sexy leprechaun at the end of the rainbow with girls at each his side.... Ughh..

I noticed that Anthony tried to call me several times,  he even went in my aunt's place but she told him I was sick. My aunt didn't know my mother needed money and I didn't wanted to worry her. She already offered me a nice home,  supported me in school, food and comfort even add privacy to that.

I appreciated her,  for taking me in when my family was barely breathing. My father was old now and I was eldest out of five children. He used to be an architect but he needed more money since my mama was diabetic and was feeding a lot of hungry bellies.

I cried and wiped away my tears, I shouldn't be thinking about Anthony or Jillian but my family back home. I came here to succeed and I will make it.

At Monday I secretly met up with Javier and gave all the required documents and projects. He smiled and thanked me though he told me to take it slightly and breathe.

I was a mess that day, I cried before going to school knowing I'll see Anthony. My hair was sticking out all over the place and was looking like the undead.

Didn't had much sleep.

"Hey,  I was worried about you. Where were you the last couple of days? " Anthony asked with worry eyes and his voice was sincere.

We were both at the library as I was working on returning all the books. There were only few people inside.

"At my aunt's house,  where else? " I spoke to him coldly and not giving out a damn.

"Well she said you were sick and clearly you didn't look so well.

"I'm fine... Anthony. " I looked at him as he did the same to me. All I wanted to do was kick his face when I was up high on the ladder.

"I don't wanna do the study anymore,  I was pushing you on it. Let's just forget about it okay. " carrying more books on my arm and placed them where they belong in the shelf and not on the cart.

"We invested so much time on that, we can't give up!  Plus I know you wanna go to college. It offers a good scholarship program. " he argued.

"I don't care about it anymore,  I can live here as an old librarian here when Mrs. Cumberbatch retires. " my voice was quivering as I lift up my head trying not go cry in front of him.

I didn't wanted to embarrassed myself.

I inhaled a lot of air and breathed out.

"I heard that Jillian and Rick broke up on Thursday,  you can take advantage on it by asking her out to home coming. "

"Well yeah,  if she'll say yes. "

"Good then go back hanging out with Jillian, forget about the kiss cause it meant nothing, we no longer have any ties and I have forgiven you days ago.  Our study is over, so move on. " I spatted and left him without hearing him out.

I hid inside the library's closet filled with limited edition books and storage area. I cried until there until my shift was over.

Probably that was for the best, it was an experience right?  I smiled weakly at my own words and wiped my tears.

Mrs. Cumberbatch opened the door and was shocked to see me weeping in distress,  she embraced me like a baby. Cooing me that it was alright and she was there beside me.

It will never be me at his heart but it's always the pretty one.