THREE

14th February

He was fast asleep that morning, when his phone rang next to him.

He groaned at the noise and shifted himself in discomfort. His phone kept ringing. Annoyed, he tried to snooze it off, but the morning grogginess was manipulating the movement of his fingers. Even more frustrated now, he shove the device under his pillow. The noise stopped, he felt at ease and nuzzled himself against the soft bedding and tried to doze off. But before he could, his phone rang again.

"What the fu-" he got up in agitation with a nasty scowl on his face. He pulled the phone from under his pillow and looked at it. When he saw the notifications on the screen, his scowl eased. "Fuck, I forgot." he said to himself in a low voice.

Hurriedly, he got out of bed and fumbled to the bathroom to freshen up. Clumsily, he wore his clothes, murmuring swear words every now and then and ran out of the house.

"Shi- Keys!"

He ran back and after he grabbed his keys, he ran downstairs to his car.

The sky was still dull, the sun still wasn't up yet, but he was late.

He reached the cafe in no time and then ran in.

"Hey, Tae!" Jimin's voice called out to him from the counter. "You're late!" his hands spread in the air. Jimin had pink and red streamers around his neck and a bunch of roses in a jar in his hands.

"I'm sorry." he said back.

Jimin walked up front to Taehyung. "We agreed on five, Taehyung! It's already six!"

"Yes, I know! I am sorry, Jimin!"

"Yeah, okay, but that doesn't matter right now. Take these off my neck." his eyes pointed at the streamers.

Taehyung fiddled with the coarse paper. "Shouldn't you have done this before?"

Jimin looked back at him with a stern look. "We had baking to do! Cakes to set! And a bunch other things in the kitchen for today! You were supposed to help me with this-" he shook the bright roses in front of Taehyung's face. "- by coming early!"

"Okay- okay!" Taehyung put his hands up and pouted. "I'm really sorry, okay?"

Jimin stared at the pouty puppy face for a moment and then playfully hit Taehyung. "Yeah, yeah okay. But now hurry and help me with this. We're going to be packed today, and I'm going to have you waiting tables, got that?" he placed roses in the small containers at the centre of each table.

"Me? But-"

"Yes, I know. It's just that one of the employees is down with fever since yesterday. So I need someone to fill in her place. And it's not like I have a whole lot of people whom I could ask for help."

"Would you give me pastries or something like that in return?" Taehyung's eyebrow raised at his friend.

"Yeah, sure. I could pay-"

"You don't need to pay me. Pastries are enough."

'Serendipity' - Jimin's cafe, is at its busiest on days like today, but not because of the occasion, but because people want to have a good time on such days, and Jimin's cafe is perfect for that.

The interior of the cafe gave a very authentic vibe, with classic wood furnishing, rustic elements here and there, everything about the place made customers feel at home. It was the place that caught a person's eye as they walked by it..... it pulled them in.

And like many other couples who'd make their way to the cafe, Jungkook was one of them, along with his date of course.

Jungkook's day starts at six in the morning. He has a good breakfast of toast and fruits and leaves for his studio at around seven thirty. It was much colder than usual today, so he wore a long, black overcoat and a warm burgundy turtleneck. He made sure he was covered well.