EIGHT

21st February

"Hey, Tessa?"

"Hmm?" Tessa didn't bother to look up from her work.

"Do you think it was okay to send that bunny?" Jungkook was staring at the sticker he'd sent to Taehyung.

"What do you mean?" the woman sitting in front of him was casually fluttering her fingers through some papers.

"I mean, it wasn't too much was it?"

"Jungkook, it's a sticker, not a confession text that you need to feel so anxious about."

"I'm not anxious." he protested back.

"Uh huh?" she asked, in a bored tone. Jungkook decided not to take the conversation forward and remained silent.

"Oh, look!" Tessa smugly pulled out a sheet and held it up in front of her. "Kim-Tae-Hyung."

Jungkook's ears perked up.

Tessa continued to examine Taehyung's form with great curiosity. She huffed a smirk and puckered her lips. "He's got a great posture in this picture, he'll be a charm to work with."

She looked at Jungkook from the corner of the paper. "He's the Kim Taehyung, isn't he? The one you sent the bunny to?"

Jungkook ignored her.

"The one you have a crush on?"

"I don't have a crus-"

"First sign of having a crush on someone-" Tessa pointed her index finger at Jungkook. "-when you manage to stay red and flustered while being in denial."

Jungkook tried to talk back, but then realised-Tessa wasn't exactly wrong.

He sighed as he felt his cheeks get hotter. He shook his head. "So, what about those?" he looked at the sheets of paper in her hands.

"Well, there are approximately over ninety or so people who registered. And out of those, only a small percentage are beginners, contrary to what we wanted. But-" she clicked her tongue and tilted her head at the forms.

"But?"

"There are some promising faces on the list."

"You're basing off of their looks?"

"Well, not entirely. The reason I asked for face portraits was 'cause I could feel their presence when I look at them through a mere photograph. After all, isn't that what we're looking for?"

Jungkook nodded his head in agreement as Tessa handed him the papers.

She got up from in front of him and headed to leave his office. "Well, you do know-" she turned around half-way. "-not all of those people will actually turn up, right?"

"Yeah." Jungkook pressed his lips together. "I know."

Tessa gave back a blunt smile. "Anyway, want some coffee? I am getting some for myself from the staff kitchen."

Jungkook looked up to her with an open mouth and an astonished expression.

"What?" she asked. "Do you want one or not? Don't stare at me like a fish with protruding eyes."

"You're asking? You're offering to get coffee, for me?"

Tessa narrowed her eyes boringly. "Oh, I am sorry. I shall never ask again." she turned to leave.

Jungkook laughed awkwardly. "Hey! I was just kidding!"

Tessa stopped and turned around.

"I could do with a muffin or something like that. Please?"