NINETEEN

12th March

When everyone headed for desserts, Taehyung noticed that Jungkook wasn't beside him. He then saw him with Ethan, after which, he saw Jungkook secretly stomp away. Jungkook clearly did not look happy after his talk with Ethan. So, Taehyung did what crossed his mind first. He followed him.

Jungkook walked away from the festival with the motive of going back to his place in the village, but by the time he reached Taehyung's, he realised that he did not have his car and he definitely couldn't walk all the way down the hill to the village.

He cursed out silently and looked at Taehyung's house. The lights were still on, but he couldn't go in, he would wake up Bambi and Blu, Taehyung's nieces.

He paced in front of the house a bit, kicking small stones on the road in anger. He kept thinking about Ethan and his conversation. He didn't want to, but he did because he couldn't shake it off of his head.

Jungkook was frustrated, sad and angry, and he was taking it out all on himself. At the red team's flag post, Jungkook actually thought Ethan had come to his senses and bothered to think it through and accept Jungkook for who he was. But after he mentioned his intentions, it just made Jungkook feel pitiful and sad that he thought there was hope for anything at all.

He was frustrated at himself, maybe even at Ethan and he was angry about being shoved away simply because of his sexuality.

He wanted to cry because he felt helpless. He felt like he was wrong even though he wasn't.

Finally, he quit pacing around and sat down on the steps of the house's entrance. He held himself back from crying because he found the reason too pathetic to be cried upon.

The steps were stone cold and were freezing his butt through his denim jeans, but nothing about his surroundings seemed to be bothering him in the slightest. The cold chilly winds, the cold metal pillar his head leaned against, nothing.

Taehyung reached his place just a couple of minutes after. He peaked in from the small gate and saw Jungkook sitting on the stairs, alone.

"Jungkook?" he called out his name.

Jungkook jerked straight and looked up. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at the festival?"

"I could ask you the same."

"I uh-"

"I'm going to be straight with you." Taehyung said seriously. "I saw you and Ethan talking. Something didn't look right. Did something happen?"

"What?" Jungkook tried to smile so that he didn't look like he was holding back tears. "Nope. Nothing at all." but the tone that came out was blunt.

Taehyung sighed. He knew something had happened between the two. Jungkook's eyes told him everything. "Jungkook, you know you can talk to me, right?"

"Yeah! That's why I just said....there's nothing that happened. We just talked."

"And then you stormed away because-?"

"No reason."

Taehyung folded his arms. "Okay...then why are you sitting at the entrance of my house?"

"No reason." he said again.

"Hmm." Taehyung nodded his head in disbelief. He definitely knew that Jungkook was hiding something from him, but he had no intentions of fishing for answers. He'd rather Jungkook tell him only if he wanted to, he didn't want to force him about anything. "Isn't it cold out here though? You could've gone inside."