FOURTEEN

5th March

"Taehyung-" Jimin shook his arm gently. "Tae!"

The man resting his face on the table, fluttered his eyes open drowsily.

"Tae, it's past midnight!"

He smacked the dryness out of his mouth. "What time is it?" he rubbed his eyes.

"Don't rub your eyes." Jimin smacked his hands off of his eyes. "It's around one."

Taehyung looked around at the cafe and yawned, blinking his eyes profusely.

"Come on." Jimin shut all the books open in front of him on the table and stuffed them into his bag. "I'll drop you."

"I still have to do my work!" Taehyung groaned and grabbed his laptop back from Jimin, widening his eyes so that he could shake the sleepiness out of himself. "And I need to hand it in by eleven!"

"And I need to close the shop."

"Wait-" he squinted his eyes. "-what time did you say it was?"

"One O'clock."

Taehyung looked up at Jimin from his seat, then at his watch and then outside.

"Oh......" he said bluntly. "So it's one at night."

"Ya." Jimin replied boringly. "Now, mind moving your ass so I can close the shop and drop you home?"

Taehyung frowned. "You don't drive."

"Yes, I know."

"Um....and we don't get cabs at this hour-"

"Yep, I know that too."

"Wait- you don't mean-"

"Yeah, I do."

"Oh, no." Taehyung shook his head, giving a nervous smile.

"Oh, yes." Jimin gave back a reassuring smile.

"I can just take a cab, it's alright."

"And wait in the freezing cold for who knows how long?" Jimin raised a eyebrow smugly. "It's just my scooty! What's the problem?"

"It's because it's your scooty."

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Do you want to come or not? Tell me now so that I can decide whether to lock you in or not."

Taehyung pouted. "You'd do that to your best friend?"

"It's because you're my best friend that I am offering you a ride home in the first place."

Taehyung looked away and pressed his lips together, jotting his foot up and down, thinking.

"Fine." he said finally. "I'll let you drop me home. But drive slow....I hate the cold wind hitting my face."

"Well, Kim Taehyung, I can't do anything about that." Jimin took Taehyung's laptop from him and packed his remaining things. "You can wrap yourself with a scarf or something."

"I don't have a scarf." he stood up.

Jimin took off the blue scarf from his own neck and wrapped it around Taehyung's neck and mouth softly. He gave a wide smile. "Shall we go now?" Jimin turned around to walk away.

Taehyung sighed. "Yeah....let's go." his voice muffled through the scarf.

Jimin accompanied Taehyung to his apartment, where he was greeted by Yeontan. The dog still hadn't budged from the house.

No matter how much Taehyung had tried, Yeontan still hadn't gone back. He truly had no problem with him staying, but he felt bad that he wasn't there for him the entire day. But another reason why Yeontan had to go back was because he barked, he barked a lot. And his barking, drove the neighbours nuts sometimes.