TWENTY-ONE

13th March

Although the rain had partially stopped a while ago, the dark clouds were back in the sky again and it was pouring down hard. Which was why Taehyung's sister insisted that Jungkook should stay until the clouds cleared out.

So, Jungkook and Taehyung spent the rest of their time putting Bambi in her crib beside Blu, goofing about with Yeontan and casually talking to each other while picking out strawberries to enjoy with some chocolate.

Yeontan walked by Jungkook's heels as he and Taehyung came back into the house with a tray of fresh strawberries. The little dog pounced at him, looking up at Jungkook with needy eyes. He knelt down and patted Yeontan's head.

"Do you want some?" Jungkook asked as Yeontan shoved his snout into the tray full of blush red fruit. "Nah-uh, no, no, no!" he pulled the tray away from the dog. "Not like that, Yeontan! Be patient!" he raised his hand in front of Yeontan and asked him to sit like a good boy.

"I'll be in the kitchen, alright, Jungkook?" Taehyung called out to him from ahead.

Jungkook looked up to Taehyung. "Y-yeah. I'll be right there in some time."

While Jungkook fed Yeontan, Taehyung headed into the kitchen where his sister was prepping ingredients for the night's dinner.

"Hey, there." his sister greeted him as she started dicing a few tomatoes.

"Hey." he frowned at her sudden greeting. He peeped over at the pot of boiling water. "What are we having?"

"Spaghetti and meatballs."

"Hmm." Taehyung hummed as he dumped the strawberries into a straining container and let it under running water. "When are they coming back?" he was referring to his mother, uncle and aunt who were out to visit their winery.

"They might be late."

"Okay..."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?"

"You kissed Jungkook, right?"

Taehyung turned the tap water off and stared at his sister in oblivion. "What?"

"I saw you, Tae." she said confidently.

Taehyung's heart seized. 'Where?' he asked himself. 'There is no way she figured out we kissed in the forest, right? Wait...that's impossible....did she see us in the room then?'

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." he avoided the question.

"Oh, please!" she stirred the pot of pasta. "You stutter when you're hiding something. Now I definitely know something is up."

"Where's the chocolate?"

"Don't divert the topic!" she spun around and walked up to face her younger brother. "I'm being serious here! I have no intentions of teasing you about it, I've gotten too old for that now." she smiled sweetly. "I just saw you both by the fireplace last night and wow was the atmosphere dreamy and romantic between the two of you! The way you both were lost in each other's eyes....the way your lips-"

"Okay, okay, stop!" Taehyung's face burned shyly as he recalled the previous night's moment.

His sister smiled at his blushed face. "Are you two dating? Because if you are-" she turned back to her pasta. "-you haven't told me, but if you forgot to tell me....the first one to give me such information would be-"

"Jimin." he smiled timidly. "Yeah..I know."

"And besides- you're into guys and you haven't told me anything about that?"