TWENTY

13th March

Taehyung and Jungkook's fingers were dancing about in hesitance to hold hands as they walked back home. Taehyung's pinky would brush by Jungkook's but he'd whip his hand away and pretend as though nothing had happened.

Taehyung's thoughts were all over the place. His shy heart was overflowing with happiness from the kiss. He could still feel Jungkook's soft cheek in his palm, the heat from his lips and his strong hands tracing Taehyung's back. Reliving it almost felt just as real to him.

He had initiated the first peck, with no hope whatsoever for Jungkook to press his lips back, but Jungkook did. And not only that, he had pulled Taehyung in for another kiss.

Although the peck confused the hell out of the two of them, Taehyung knew what he was doing. It wasn't a fling of the moment, it was genuine. Looking into Jungkook's eyes and tracing his gaze to his supple pink lips.....something just drew him in, he just wanted to plant a kiss on Jungkook's lips, the same way he wanted to the previous night by the fire.

The awkward conversation after the very first kiss was hasty and clumsy in many ways. Neither Taehyung nor Jungkook got to say what they wanted to and they just ended up saying some random things. The kiss that followed almost made Taehyung melt. It stirred so many emotions in him, it was as though he was experiencing it all for the first time and it was all because Jungkook pulled him in,

Jungkook's lips were soft, maybe sweet in a way, cutely playful because how engrossed they were during the moment and most of all, they didn't resist. Jungkook didn't want to stop. Taehyung probably was flustered by that the most. The two had just kissed, Taehyung's hands had been all over Jungkook's cheeks and nape, and now, he couldn't even look at him.

Just then, Taehyung felt a small tug on his pinky. He looked down and saw Jungkook's small finger wrapped around his. Taehyung looked up to his face but he saw him looking away, smiling with a slightly blushed face.

Taehyung licked his lips, giving a small timid smile and hooked his finger around Jungkook's tightly.

Jungkook smiled sweetly to himself when he felt the slight pull. He slowly scooted a bit closer towards Taehyung as they walked and the two said nothing. They walked shoulder to shoulder, pretending to admire the trees, when they were actually trying to avoid each other's gaze because of how shy they were.

Once outside the house, Jungkook handed Taehyung his jacket which covered his camera.

"T-thanks for this." Jungkook said, extending the jacket to Taehyung. "Um..I shall get going now."

He said that, but he just stood there with his pinky still wrapped around Taehyung's, not wanting to let go.

"You should..um...." Taehyung hesitated, but he understood that Jungkook didn't want to leave by his side any time soon. "You should come inside. You're soaking wet."

"Well-" a smirk formed on Jungkook's face. "-you're the one who made me dance in the rain!"

"It was worth it for what came after." Taehyung said back slowly.

Jungkook realised he meant the kiss and bit his lower lip, trying not to smile as he remembered that moment.

Taehyung shied away and pressed the doorbell, gradually pulling Jungkook closer to him by his pinky.

Jungkook was still concerned though. "I really don't want to disturb your family-"

"You're not disturbing anyone." Taehyung said boldly.

The door swung open to a woman and Jungkook sub-consciously let go of Taehyung's finger. She observed the two head to toe and sighed.

"Why are you drenched?" she scowled at the state of her brother's clothes. "Why would you stay in the rain? Why didn't you take shelter?"