FIVE

14th February

At around half past nine, Taehyung was done with his duties and helping the rest of the staff clean the cafe. After that, he headed to the male staff's room after all the others had left. He changed from the gray shirt into his casuals, and grabbed his phone and wallet to head out.

His eyes fell on the flowers, the flowers that that man had left behind.

He had an urge to take them with him, so, he did.

With the bouquet in his hands, he walked out. He met Jimin at the counter, who was packing two strawberry shortcake jars, and a Tiramisu in a pastry box.

"Here you go." Jimin extending a paper bag to him. His eyes fell on the flowers. "You're taking the flowers?"

"They'll dry up here."

"Right. Of course." Jimin agreed, with a rather sarcastic tone.

"Thanks for this." Taehyung held the bag up.

"You don't need to thank me. I should be the one to thank you. I'm sorry I made you do this today-"

"It's okay Jimin, you don't need to apologize. I can be of some use to you."

Jimin chuckled. "Yeah."

"Now, do you want me to drive you or not? Or you want to continue to scrub that counter until you make a hole in it?"

Jimin looked down. "Oh! I almost forgot. I'll go change right now." saying that, he left to change and get his belongings.

Taehyung pulled out a chair from the nearest table and sat down. He peeped into the paper bag and got out the box of the Tiramisu cake, and a black plastic spoon.

He opened the elegant blue and white box, to reveal yet another elegant masterpiece. A small block of cake, with precise layers of biscuits, mascarpone cheese and a beautiful dust of cocoa on top.

His spoon pierced through the softness in one clean swoop. He first sniffed the piece. 'Coffee.'

He hesitated, but took the bite anyway. The cake melted in his mouth, the mascarpone was delicate and fluffy. The slight citrus tang wasn't exactly Taehyung's style, but It elated the taste of the coffee scented dessert to a whole different level.

Taehyung seemed to be enjoying it. Soon, the small cake was over before Jimin could come back out.

On the ride home, Taehyung couldn't help but notice Jimin staring so intently at his phone, smiling every time a notification sounded.

"Are you texting him?" Taehyung glanced at Jimin, while still keeping his eyes on the road.

"Yoongi? Yeah." he smiled to himself.

There was silence for a while.

"Oh!" Jimin exclaimed all of a sudden. "He sent me a snippet of the new song he's going to release next month!"

"He makes songs?"

"Yeah, he's a music producer and composer." Jimin pointed at the speaker system of the car. "Can I connect my phone?"

Taehyung nodded his head.

In no time, an acoustic guitar's sound filled the car. The beats were warm, soft and mellow. Taehyung felt light all of a sudden, the music was encapsulating him. The strums of the guitar faded in the background and a bold piano clarified.

He had never thought at first glance that Yoongi could be someone who'd associate himself with music. And even if he would have thought that, he would have never thought that Yoongi wrote music this supple.