Chapter 18

I woke up in my room with Katy nowhere to be seen. I looked at the clock on the wall 7:30 shit I'm late for dinner. Why didn't Katy wake me up. I swear I was in the king's office ...

Just then everything came back to me and I fell onto my mattress in shock "Beloved" I said the word out loud.

Tears foamed in my eyes. I didn't want to be his beloved. All he has brought me is pain, he may be being nice now but only time will bring out his beast. Shit I better get ready I thought and quickly got ready and rushed towards the dining hall.

I could hear the chatter outside the hall I quickly hurried into the hall trying not to be noticed but as soon as I walked in the whole hall went silent. Oh no.

"Arabella " I heard him say my name and I looked up before my eyes could register. He was in front of me and I was on the floor with a sting in my cheek. "Never be late to dinner, you can starve. For being late no food for 1 week now get the fuck out of here" He growled at me and my eyes started to bubble up I knew it was only a matter of time before this happened.

I grabbed my now bruised cheek and got myself up looking towards the table. I caught the eyes of Amber and she smirked at me. I rushed out crying running back to my bedroom.

I slammed the door open and lay on my mattress crying.

"Arabella wake up .. wake up." Someone was shaking me, it sounded like Katy.  "WAKE UP" the voice shouted.

"No mamma i'm sleeping" I replied turning over in my bed.

"If you don't want to be punished I suggest you get the fuck up." the voice said. WAIT I KNOW THAT VOICE ...

I opened my eyes and they widened. It was the king himself standing in my room looking at me with angry eyes. I quickly got up and put my eyes to the floor. "Yes master" I said and almost puked. I hate that word.

He grabbed my chin gently and looked into my eyes before they trailed down to my cheek which must have been bruised because his eyes went soft and then suddenly held anger. "Come with me" He said and started walking towards the door.

"Please don't hurt me .. " I whispered I really can't go through this again he looked back.

"Just come" he replied and started walking out the door.

I sighed I'm going to die aren't I, but then can he kill his beloved? Who am I kidding he could be lying about the whole thing for all I know. I quickly catch up and he looks behind to make sure I am behind him.

We make it towards the black doors. Oh no. I know these doors "What is going on .. " I ask him, my palms sweating.

He opened the door and walked inside his room, my heart beat picking up as I could think of all the things he could do to me. "My god calm your fucking heart it's giving me a headache" he said looking towards me with a hard look.

I took a deep breath trying my hardest, he walked into another room leaving me standing there in the middle of his room. He came back 5 minutes later and changed only joggers hanging on his waist . Oh no. He walked towards me with a top in his hand "Here" he said and tossed me the top.

What is going on? I was so confused "Just put it on Arabella before I do something you won't like me for." there was promise behind his words I quickly placed the top over my head it was plain black nothing special. "Sit" he demanded, patting the space next to him on the bed.

I shook my head 'no' . I knew my voice would fail me.

"Sit down Arabella" he demanded.

Before I could say no my body moved on it's own. How does he do that? I sat down next to him on the bed and he sighed. "I'm not going to hurt you so stop being nervous" he looked into my eyes and for the first time I saw emotions he looked tired.

"I don't understand" I told him bravely maybe I was wishing for my own death. He lay back onto the bed and put his hands over his eyes kind of like when someone is stressed.

"You don't have to understand Bella," he replied.

Ok that's it I'm officially confused this man is bipolar first he hits me then he has me sitting on his bed. Can I just scream 'GET IT OVER WITH' to him.

"Come Bella, it's time to sleep" the king said and got up carrying me in his arms around the other side of the bed, he moved the quilt and placed me onto the bed softly. He only sighed and went to the other side getting into the bed. I tensed up.

"Go to sleep Bella" he said and suddenly I must have fallen asleep.