Chapter31

Arabella POVV -

It was time for the celebration of this stupid ball, I was currently getting bathed and plucked and waxed just like when I was being sold in that stupid house. That seems so long ago now, horrible memories I would rather not remember. "Do you always day dream Arabella will you get out." Someone shouted getting me out of my day dream.

Katy was standing there with her hands on her hips looking really mad. She had been told to get me ready for the ball and she wasn't a very patient person.

"I'm getting up, I'm getting up" I said laughing at her facial expression. I had missed her loads. I haven't seen her in ages and was so excited when she walked through my door.

"Come on hair and make up time" she said, clapping her hands. She dragged me into my room and started getting me ready.

After 4 hours, yes that's how it took. I was finally ready, I didn't even look like myself. "You look perfect," Katy said looking at her masterpiece.

"You think so?" I said and walked over to the mirror, my blonde hair was curled, bright green eyes looked even brighter and my red long dress was the most fabric I had worn since I had gotten here. It felt good to be covered up. I actually looked normal.

"It's time," Katy said, looking at the clock on the wall. I nodded my head at her and sighed this was it I was about to be put in a room with a bunch of blood sucking leeches as Jack would say. Ah Jack I didn't know how to feel about him anymore, he had left me here after claiming I was his mate, what kind of mate does that? Especially since I had read the book I just didn't believe it. Maybe he just used me because he was bored and needed some amusement while being stuck in the dungeon. I felt tears coming into my eyes but I shook my head no I wouldn't cry this is what my life would be like now I would be stuck living with vampires with the king next to me. I still hated his guts and would kill him any chance I could get if only I knew how to?

"Arabella you are going to be late, the ball has already started the king is waiting for you" Katy told me holding her hand out for me. I took her hand and took a deep breath.

"Let's go," I told her and she led me out the room holding my hand.

"Everything will work out Arabella I promise" She told me looking behind with a small smile. I just smiled the further we walked the more I could hear people chatting and the soft music of the ball. "This is where I leave you? You're going to be fine." Katy said and gave me one last hug before walking off towards the kitchen. She must be helping tonight, I would rather be helping right now.

I walked a little further, my heart hammering in my chest, palms getting sweaty. 'You can do this, come on just walk in, keep your head held high' I told myself and with a deep breath I walked into the ball room before I could tell myself no.

I took another deep breath. It was beautiful, people were everywhere chatter filling the room everybody looked beautiful. I've noticed that about vampires they get incredibly good looks which is unfair.

"You look beautiful" I heard Jaxson say and I felt him intertwine his hands in mine.

I gave him a small smile "thank you" I told him and he nodded taking us further into the ball room.

"What do you think?" he asked me, leading me to the middle of the floor.

"It's beautiful," I said, taking it all in.

"Indeed it is" He said looking straight at me.

I blushed again. What is with me blushing "would you like to dance Arabella?" he asked and took my hand in his and lead me to the dance floor. He held my hand and placed his hand on my waist. "I can't really dance" I mumbled and he must have heard me because he chuckled.