Chapter 29

It had been a long day of poking and prodding my skin while the dressmaker talked and talked and talked. She would not shut up. I was currently lying in my bed when the king walked in.

Now I'm shit scared. Does he know that I know, surely not he may just think I saw the letter yes he doesn't know I've seen a picture.

He got into bed and looked to the corner or the room deep in thought, maybe he's forgot? I smiled thank god I don't think I can deal with his bipolar personality tonight.

"What do you want to know about Arabella?" he asked me and turned his head so he was facing me.

"nothing " I said rather fast, '' come on Arabella I told myself.

"I know what book you read and I know you saw the picture" He said with a hard face looking at me "and I know you read the letter although it was fun to watch you think you had gotten away with it." he chuckled.

I don't understand, "ask me Arabella this is the only time I will answer" he looked away from me. I thought about it for a moment. What do I ask him, I have one question and I need to pick the right one. I took a deep breath and asked the question that drove my head wild "Am I really your beloved?" I said and looked at him.

He looked shocked at my question and closed his eyes with a deep breath "no your not" he whispered and my heart stopped. My eyes went wide and I started to panic. What is he going to do? "You're my second change beloved," he said looking at me. He's gone mad I thought.

"That's not true" I said looking straight at him, I've read the book I know you can't have a second chance mate. "Don't look at me like that" he growled and I looked at the quilt immediately. Be bold Arabella this is where you can get all your answers.

"Who is Rachel?" I asked him.

He seemed to get angry that her name had come out of my mouth his breathing got heavy and he sat up on the bed "she was my first beloved" he told me truthfully "but she's gone now" he shook his head from side to side and covered his face with his hands.

"What happened to her?" I pushed and I just had to push more. His breathing got even heavier.

"She's dead Arabella. Killed by the beast you called your friend what's his name Jack's farther" he told me and got up slamming the bedroom door behind him.

Jack's dad killed the king's beloved oh no the story clicked in some parts that how Jack's parents died because king Jaxson wanted revenge for killing his beloved. oh Jack please come save me.