Chapter 28

It was 3 days until the ball, the king had stuff to do so I took myself back to the library to read some more of that book. I walked in and shut the door behind me taking myself to the back and grabbing the book on the way. I opened the book and looked at the index

''Pages 1 -10 beloved

Pages 10-20 mating

Pages 20-30 completing the bond

Pages 30-40 rejection

Pages 40-50 death of mate'

What do I read first, I skipped the pages to page 40 'rejection' it said and big black writing. I started reading

'To reject your beloved you must be sure they are not the one, if you manage to reject your beloved you will be experiencing the worst pain possible throughout your whole body. Not only will your heart be breaking your emotions will go cold towards everybody and anyone that is around you.'

Was he rejected by this girl is that why he is so cold and mean I thought.

'To reject one's beloved you must state your full name I -----/-----/---- reject his full name ----/----/---- as my beloved. Once a beloved says this sentence there is no going back and the bond will be broken with pain erupting between the two.

The pain however will go away over time and the beloved can find another person to form a relationship with however they will never have another beloved.'

Hmm I don't even know what to think, was I just a relationship to the king or was I actually his beloved. I was confused as if I wasn't confused before all this crap. I need answers. I wonder who I could ask  but I had nobody. Ergh this is so frustrating I rubbed my eyes and placed the book back on the shelf my brain couldn't take anymore information today.

I walked around the whole library and from the corner of my eye I noticed something on the table. It was a letter written in faded handwriting. It was messy like somebody was in a rush to write it. I picked it up and looked at it.

'Dear Jaxson,

I'm writing this letter as my final goodbye to you Jaxson, I fear my life will not last much longer. While travelling back to your kingdom we were ambushed and I am writing this as my final goodbye.

I'm sorry to be leaving this world my beloved, I wish I was laying in your arms like we used to do but instead I'm trapped inside and can not see the outside world. Remember that time when we spent that night under the sheets in the room we had just painted my favourite colour purple. I will take that memory and a thousand more with me to the other side. I will wait for you Jaxson.

I will wait to feel your touch and kiss on my body again.

The beasts have taken me Jaxson and I only have limited days if you even get this letter please save me. I don't want to die Jaxson. please .

Yours forever Rachael'

The letter looked more scribbled towards the end like she was sending him a forbidden letter. She said 'beasts' does she mean werewolf's? Did they take her away from him, is she still with them ah my head hurt from thinking too much.

"Arabella I see you have found the library." I heard and my face paled shit he knows I know.

"Yes." I turned around and moved myself away from the table so he wouldn't know I read the letter.

"What kind of books do you enjoy? What have you been reading?" he asked, walking towards me. I panicked and quickly picked a book from the shelf and looked at it 'sleeping beauty' oh god really a fairy tale.

"Yes sleeping beauty" I told him, showing him the book he was now right in front of me.

"I didn't take you as the fairy tale type" he mumbled before taking the book from my hand and looking at me shit I've been caught haven't I. He just looked at me up and down and I tried to keep my heart from exploding "the dressmaker is here for your dress to take your measurement for the ball" he said and gently caught my hand walking me away from the library. I let out a deep breath "ok" I replied.

We reached my room and this lady was standing in the room looking at the walls in disgust when I walked in she looked at me up and down "ah this must be Arabella." she said coming towards me she took a hold of my hand and stepped me onto this step thing. "My king she is in good hands I will work my magic" she said bowing her head at him.

"yes , the colour must be red" he told her and she nodded. He was making his way to the door when he turned back around and looked at me "We will talk later Arabella. I can imagine you have lots of questions that don't have any answers" he said, giving me a knowing look. Well crap he knew I gasped and just looked away I had been caught.