eight.

✧ ‹ parт eight › ✧

I woke up early and refreshed, but I was still a little nervous about going surfing today. I decided not to worry and started getting ready and gathering all my things. When I was ready I headed downstairs to have my breakfast.

- "Hey dad, good morning, how are you?" - I said hugging him.

- "Hey sweetie. You're up early, what are you up to today?" - He asked me while I was pouring some coffee.

- "I'm going to go surfing with Kie and her friends" - I said making myself an avocado toast and sitting down in front of him.

He asked me about what I've been doing, and I told him about the guys and Kie, and some of the things we were doing. I told him I was glad we came back to Outer Banks and that I was really happy, seems like he was happy too. When I finished my breakfast I headed out to meet the guys.

- "Be safe sweetie, and be careful with the boys" - Dad yelled as I walked through the door.

I started walking to the spot the guys told me we were meeting, it was the same spot Kie and I used to go to take our surf classes. Memories instantly came back, I smiled. I got there and only Pope was there, we started talking and waited for the rest of the group to come. Ten minutes passed by and we were all there.

- "There are some nice waves today huh? I can't believe I'm here with you back here again!" - Kie said excitedly and hugged me.

- "You're right, It's been years since I came here, 10 to be exact, this brings me so many memories" - I said smiling.

- "Come on Natalie, show us what you can do, don't be shy!" - John B told me. They all agreed with him.

I guess I had to do it, well shit, let's do this. I took out my clothes got my board and went straight to the water. I heard Kie yelling, rooting for me, Pope and John B started clapping while JJ was just observing and grinning at me, always with the fucking grin in his face I swear to god. I get into the water and catch my first wave, smooth, I smile. I guess this is like riding bikes, you never forget how to do it. The first wave got me confident so I kept going.

I've been surfing for 15 minutes, smiling and being proud, I was still pretty good at it, and it felt really good. I'm tired at this point so I get off my board and head to the group where the boys have a surprised face and Kie is screaming at me.

- "Wow, you got better than I remember girl! Go, girls, go, girls, go girls" - Kiara started dancing and singing and I laughed at her.

- "What did you guys think? You didn't think a kook princess could surf huh?" - I said laughing and looking straight at JJ, arching an eyebrow. He smiled at me.

- "Pretty good for a Kook, huh?" - Kiara said and I laughed. - "I told you guys she was the best"

- "You're pretty good Nat, you're officially welcome to the group" - Pope said and we all laughed

- "No objections from JJ?" - John B asked looking at JJ, he was looking at me - "Oh, I understand you're friends now huh? - He stopped and JJ looked at him annoyed - Stop checking her man, take a picture it will last longer" - John B said and we all laughed, JJ just looked annoyed.

- "Shut up guys, you're all annoying as hell" - JJ said while rolling his eyes.

We ended up having a good day at the beach, surfing and laughing but it was getting late so we decided to go get some pizzas and eat some dinner before we headed home.

When we were at the pizza place we saw a poster announcing tomorrow the town has some movie screenings at the park so we decided to go tomorrow and watch some movies and spend the evening there.

When I got home I spent some time watching tv with my dad and talking to him about my day and the fact I was still good surfing. He looked happy, I looked happy, I think moving back here is what we needed and it's been going good for both of us, he has work and he's happy with it, and I'm having a great summer so far. We finished talking and I got straight to bed to get some rest.

The day after went by pretty slow, I just spent my day watching some Netflix and smoking some joints, since I had nothing else to do until I had to leave to go to the movies. I called Kie to see if I pick her up to go to the park but she told me she was going straight there, as she was working at the restaurant, so I told her I'll meet here there.

I started to get ready, I brushed  my hair and did a high ponytail, put some hoop earrings on and did some simple makeup on the face. I looked through my wardrobe and I put some short high waisted jeans and a blue crop top, put some sneakers on and headed out the door. I got to the park and only JJ was there, so I sat next to him.

- "Hey, we're early I guess" - I said sitting next to him.

- "Yeah, so..." - he paused - "I wanted to say sorry, I've been a jerk to you for no reason, and I think you may be cool after all, so... sorry" - he looked down, he looked nervous. I smiled.

- "Well, don't worry it was nothing" - I said and smiled at him, he was pretty cute when he was nervous.

We started talking and JJ went to get us some beers and left me there waiting for the rest of the group. After 25 minutes everyone arrived, and the movie started. I was watching the movie but got distracted watching Kie and John B who were pretty close, she could tell me all she wants but I know deep down she likes John B, at least she's attracted to him, she can't deny that. I shaked my head because it was none of my business and went back to the movie, it was a horror movie and I didn't like horror movies very much but I needed to keep my cool.

__________________________________________

Next chapter I'm gonna introduce some JJ's POV!!! The story is told mostly from Natalie's POV, but from time to time I will throw some JJ's POV's, hope you like it!

ps: we're almost at 400 reads omg, thank you guys <3