Chapter 17

OBSTINATE
aabstuhnuht
adjective

    1    stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion or chosen course of action, despite attempts to persuade one to do so.

Mulan POV

I sit up as i pull into a parking spot, i let out a huff as i switch gears from drive to park leaving the AC on. Since Dominic is still asleep i'll go inside 7 eleven by myself.

I grab my phone and wallet then make my way out the car into the store.

"Welcome to 7 eleven" the cashier greeted cheerfully. I smile as I pick up different snacks but I made sure to pick up his favorite snacks.

"That'll be 30.47"

"You can keep the rest" i smiled grabbing my bag and walking out of the store. As soon as i get in then car i see Dominic up.. and alert. I put our cups in the cup holders.

"What happened to you?" I ask softly not wanting for my question to come out wrong.

"Take me to my house" he commands, I stare at him for a second before nodding.

I tossed the bag of snacks on his lap and left my wallet n phone on my lap as I drove. "Are you going to tell me about your trip?" I attempt breaking the silence.

Besides the fact that he's giving me the instructions, we are driving in silence.

"You don't even want to catch up?" I question rolling my eyes, irritated with his behavior. "What the fuck was the purpose in you stopping by and forcing me out the house if you were going to be an ass?"

I can feel his intense glare but two can play this game. "Make a right and keep straight until you see Keller street" he mumbles, it dawns on me that this is the first time I am going to his house.

I jump at the touch of his hand on my thigh. "Don't touch me" I say sternly. "Shut up" he mumbles drawing imaginary circles on my thigh. My mouth gaped, Did he jus- i shake my head. Nah he couldn't have jus told me to shut up.

"Bet" is going to be the last words i say that are directed to him.

I stop at the light and I move my thigh away from his touch sitting up in the drivers seat.

I sneak a peak and see his vein poking out on the side of his neck and him clenching his jaw. Oh so you big mad or little mad?
.

.

.

"Mulaaaan" jude whines in the phone after answering. "Come get me please he has me sitting in the living room by myself" i show my face in the call. "Bro uber here, I am tired" he sighs making me frown. "I- okay. Sorry for bothering you" I bit my lip about to hang up.

He groans, "Your location still on?" I hear movement from his side. "Yea its still on but I ca-"

Dominic walks I'm the living room with different clothes on. "I can um uber" I clear my throat. "I'll come get you, jus give me-"

"Nah she good, I'll drop her off" Dominic says while snatching my phone. "You sure?" Jude asks suspiciously. "Yea" Dominic says before hanging up. "You are such an asshole" I say watching him throw my phone on the opposite side of the couch.

"Bring your ass" he mumbles walking away. I frown getting up to follow him, "Keep talking to me crazy and Ima show you Gardener I am not playing with you" I said while looking around.

"Show me what?" He turns around staring me down. "Keep trying me and you'll see" I eye him. He smacks his teeth before opening a door for me. It looks like his bedroom.

"Get on the bed" he yawns walking to the bathroom. "Gardener I need some comfortable shirts" I call out. "You so damn extra. Look in the drawers in the far left top one. Its some white ones in there" He yells back. "Okay. I found one and I'm taking a pair of your new underwear" i said as he walked out.

"Hurry up" he says as I walk in his bathroom. "Shut up" I mumble doubting he heard me.

"Took you long enough, come" he says laying down tv surfing through channels.

I put my clothes on his dresser before getting on his bed. He pulled me into him, "I shouldn't even be here, you were mean to me all day" I mumble, frowning as I thought about today. He squeezes my waist, "This Italy, family shit is a lot to handle all in one swallow" he mumbles playing with my bra strap. "If you want to talk about it you know i'm here" I snuggle into his chest enjoying his scent. It went silent.

"You staying here" he mumbles locking my legs with his. "Boy, my mother would throw a fit." I laugh and he joined in. "wait. What happened to the deal yall made?" he asks as he runs his finger up and down my spine, I shiver. I looked up at him shocked that he even remembered.

"It was called off until she got her promotion from her job allowing her to work from home and not having to leave the state weeks at a time." I explained. "That's why I haven't met her?" he asks.

"No you haven't met her because you drop by unannounced and you sneak through her daughters window anytime you please" I snicker. "Where you stepdad at?" he asks laughing. "He is in Vegas right now helping his eldest daughter get her place together and his son just found out his girl is pregnant so I guess he is also helping him figure out that" I shrug lazily.

Dominic questions me until I fall asleep.

.

.

.

"Y'all fucked" Jude laughs as he helps me slip through my bedroom window. "No. I just didn't feel like changing back" I roll my eyes turning around. Dominic waves before pulling off and I close my window. "Little Miss Mulan sneaking in after curfew." Jude teases. "Boy I am grown." I close my blinds. "Know damn well I dont have a curfew" I mumble putting my shoes in my closet. "Oh? Well mom is up and I'l-"

"You are petty. get out so I can shower" I laugh walking into my shower not giving him time to talk back.