Melody

When I got home it was almost 4am I climbed through my window luckily no one was waiting for my arrival. I locked the door before I decided to attempt a nap before work, but I couldn't. So instead I laid awake for an hour and then got dressed and ran out the door, careful not to awake the drunken band passed out on my living room floor. I worked till 9pm and made it to the Brooklyn bridge in time to meet Kaiser. Why he wanted us to meet at the stupid bridge for the project I did not understand but didn't want to read into it ahead of time. "So what are we doing here?" I asked when I finally approached him. He smiled at me "come on" he said walking towards the water, "can you just tell me what's the point in this?" I said hesitantly following him, "can you just be spontaneous?" He responded, "no I don't like surprises" I responded now frustrated. "We're ready" he finally said and sat down, he handed me a rock when I sat down next to him. "Today's question is what is our future plans" he said looking forward, "my dad always told me that if I wished for something to happen in the future I should wish it next to an accomplishment because an accomplishment makes it lucky". I played with the rock between my fingers "so what's the accomplishment here?" I asked, I think that was the first time I had asked a question that I didn't just want to have the answer for the project. "The bridge" he responded, I nodded "so what are your future plans Kaiser?" I asked, "to enlist in the military, to live everyday knowing I'm doing something beneficial to the world" he answered. "Hmm I see" I answered, he immediately faced me, "what?" He said back almost taking offense. "Nothing" I responded, "come on Melody" he pushed, "Kaiser we're not friends don't try to get my opinion it doesn't matter" I responded. "Please" he said turning my head to look him in the eyes. I pushed his hand away before saying "it just seems like enlisting in the military is an accomplishment you want to achieve in the future for your dad not for yourself" I said. He didn't say anything regarding what I said back, instead he was silent for a few moments before saying "What are your future plans Melody?" I shrugged "to have my own business, to not have to report to anyone. Building my own life on something I love to do". We sat in silence for a while both jotting some notes down. After a while he said "okay let's throw them in" and so we did we threw in the rocks and left.