Melody

That next night by the pond I was just trying to finish this project once and for all. I didn't need another person in my life to inflict pain on me. It's the whole reason I had no friends. But as much as I was trying to focus on the project something about the way Kaiser said my name made me go wild inside. He brings this calmness to me when I'm around him but it didn't make me want to make him part of my life. When he saw the bruise I was trying to hide we didn't talk about it, instead he kissed me. I hadn't kissed a boy since I was 16, I had boyfriends in the past but the minute things changed in my home dynamic I blocked out every person in the world. The kiss with Kaiser made me feel something I had never felt before. Tenderness. He didn't want to take advantage of me. He didn't want to be a pig and take my body selfishly. He just wanted a more intimate connection. Something I could tell was missing from his own life as well. But I wasn't about to let anyone in so easy. No one can be trusted. I pulled away after a few moments and said "My morals shape me, without them I would walk through out life blindly". And with that I put out the joint I was holding in my opposite hand out with my foot, grabbed my notebook and walked away.