Chapter 6

"How is our actress doing?!" Ginger greets me as well as the others when i entered the house.

I haven't told them about the news yet so i was surprised. Guess Dean couldn't keep his mouth shut. What is new?

I laughed when all of them pounce on me giving me a hug. There were children around this place and they look at us confused.

Some of my friends- Well almost all of them are already married and have children. Pretty sure Kate is the last one before me.

I am not pressured whatsoever. My life is just getting started. And the thought of marriage still makes my stomach turn.

"I think y'all are forgetting, I am not the bride!" I exclaimed and they all laugh as they let go. I can see some of them emotional and some are just happy.

This was my whole life in Australia. My friends were always there to keep my company on the darkest days. And i couldn't thank them more than enough honestly.

"Hey baby. Congratulations." I said to Karli as i hugged her tightly.

"Im so happy for you too Jo. This is what we've been waiting for. Im glad you got through it." She says and i laugh when i saw tears on her eyes. Her blonde hair is on a fish tail bride and her skin glowing. She looks beautiful.

I can see what marriage has done for my friends. It made them all so happy. So i am not that against it. Its just that i don't believe in marriage that much especially after what happened to my parents.

It made me stop believing that it was a magical thing. That it was just a piece of paper and a ring. For me a promise and eternal love can be kept without them.

"Hey stranger. Better grab some coldie before its gone." I heard Dean's annoying voice and i turned to him smiling.

"Yeah. I really needed one especially after a visit from my mom." I laughed as he handed me a cold can and my ears ring from the sound of it opening.

"Always stresses you out doesn't it?" He says as i chug down my can in a second it was already gone. He laughed.

"You don't say."

"Josie!" I heard a small voice called me and i looked down to see Jacob. His hands are reaching out to me. I smiled and grab him placing him down to my lap.

"Hey buddy. Did you have fun with your little friends?" I asked and he just gave me a giggle as i kissed his chubby cheeks. Dean watches us with a smile.

"Woah. I can almost feel a family scenario happening here." We all turned our heads when my friend Alex entered the kitchen.

"Just kidding!" He exclaimed and laughed and Dean just gave him a punch on the arm.

"Cheese, mates!" Ginger said as she entered the kitchen holding up her phone and i smiled before hearing the capture.

I focused on Jacob fiddling something on my phone. Its hard not to keep caution because I'm pretty sure he can press the format option without me looking.

"So when are you going to get married, Jo?" Alex asked me and i just gave him my middle finger.

"Your hair grew out so gracefully Josephine! Whats your secret?" I heard Mia asks from my behind and i shudder when she plays with my hair.

I had outgrown and stopped getting a haircut for almost two years. So now it reaches down my thighs.

I was thinking about getting a haircut but i would prefer hearing Jamie's opinion about it first.